Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayr View Post
    13 pounds is a beast!
    Yes, they were. That area is known for world record trout.

Several of the fish beat the then fly rod records but we could only bring in the reds alive and at the time you couldn’t enter boat weighed fish.

Comment

180 inch LF in east Texas

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Caught two fish over 30 inches, one went 32 and still didn’t break 10lbs. 9.75 on the boga. Both were in the winter. Still a buck over 150 eludes me. Now the deer hunting takes away from my time on the water. Right now I would take a LF 150 and up over a 30 inch trout. Planning on fishing more this winter if I tag out early (like this weekend hopefully).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

30" speck for me. Have a 28" and a bunch in the 27's, but no 29" or 30" trout. I'll take the 30" trout all day every day.

Comment

Have caught one that went 30.5 but money can buy a deer I think a trout is harder to come by

Comment

In Highschool I caught an 8lb speck, first trout I’ve caught in the gulf. Uncle said fish of a lifetime. No idea what it measured. I’m bass fisherman we go by weight. Turned him loose

Comment

I’ve killed several 30” deer, but a 180” trout would be awesome!

Comment

Don’t compare a 30 inch trout to a “cut the check and shoot one tomorrow 180 inch pen buck”. If you want to do that comparison compare catching a 30 inch trout in an aquarium.

Comment

You could probably buy a 30” trout if you have a collapsing fishing pole, $10 to get into an aquarium and you’re quick! Lol. I’ll take a 180” LF deer all day. Hell, I’d take a 150” public land Texas buck over a 30” trout.

Comment

I’d take any trout or any buck right now....

Comment

I've killed 3 LF deer over 180" with a bow and should have a few more. I have never caught a 30" trout but have several in the 28-29". So I would love to catch a 10+on top

Comment

I have 3 trout over 30, 2 on the same wade. All in the summer. One in east matty and the 2 in LLM. Think I had 4 over 25 that day. It was epic

But I've yet to break 150 on deer so I'll take the buck

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

180” free range deer without a shadow of doubt... but I couldnt care less about catching any fish

Comment

I'll take a tiny fish,or tiny deer, whatever I can get and not be at work!

Comment

I don’t fish the salt enough to have earned a 30” speck, if it happened it would just be luck.

I have put the time in for a big buck, 99% of the time LF and unguided in N. TX. So for me the 180” whitetail. But i can see how the it would be a tougher call for y’all down south.

Comment

Working...
                                X