No announcement yet.

180” Deer or 30” Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30” trout all day. As others have said money can buy a 180”+ deer.

Comment

I've got a handful of 30" fish. give me a low fence 180 please.

side note - they both make you shake.

Comment

I’ve caught a few trout over 30”, but haven’t broke the 10lb mark yet...that’s my goal.

I’ve also never shot a 180” deer. To me I’d rather shoot the deer, free range of course.

While we are at it we should include a 10lb slot red...which is a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
          What does a 30” trout weigh in TX? Just wanted some reference point, as in FL we weighed our fish did not measure them. Thanks
          I caught a 31" trout that weighed 7.5 lbs.

I've caught a few 30"+ that were 8.5-9.5 lbs.

I've never killed a 180" buck, and it's not from lack of effort.

Comment

What does a 30” trout weigh in TX? Just wanted some reference point, as in FL we weighed our fish did not measure them. Thanks
            depends on the time of year. I've got a 28 caught in march that weighed over nine after spitting up a horse mullet, and a 29.5 caught in August that weighed 6.5.

Comment

180 free range buck probably
              Though a 30 inch trout not caught in freezing cold would be good
              ( December of 1989 I caught 8 trout over 30 inch in the port Mansfield turn basin , it was 17 degrees and next day the bay froze up, and wiped out all the trout in the bay )

Comment

Trout

Comment

I don’t have much money so buying a buck like that isn’t an option or thought....Nor do I fish or know anything about trout. Lol

It doesn’t even have to be a 180”...I’d go with a LF 130” over a 30” trout.

I’m more of a whitetail nut who loves to bowhunt.

Comment

Both require being in the right place at the right time. I haven't shot a 180" low fence buck yet, but I've caught a few 30" trout. Got lucky I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                      depends on the time of year. I've got a 28 caught in march that weighed over nine after spitting up a horse mullet, and a 29.5 caught in August that weighed 6.5.
                      Thank you for the information, I was thinking around 9 lbs. or so. We just never measured them before releasing them.

I have been fortunate enough to get to fish in the closed zone at Cape Canaveral for brood stock Redfish for the Miami hatchery. We had trout “by catch” in the 9 to 13# range, all sight fishing.

Comment

Give me a 180 inch buck any day. Ive caught 3 30 ich trout one morning before daylight in sabine lake. Had no idea how big they were til daylight

Comment

Thank you for the information, I was thinking around 9 lbs. or so. We just never measured them before releasing them.

I have been fortunate enough to get to fish in the closed zone at Cape Canaveral for brood stock Redfish for the Miami hatchery. We had trout “by catch” in the 9 to 13# range, all sight fishing.
                          13 pounds is a beast!

Comment

I can buy a 180 buck..
                            30 inch trout, not so much..

Comment

Give me the deer as long as it’s a nice typical and doesn’t look like a retarded cedar tree

Comment

Low fence 180

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X