30mpg Tundra Coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    When we bought my wife’s 4Runner a few weeks ago our salesman told us not to buy a tundra right now because the 22 will be a complete redesign. He was not exactly sure on the engine but he said they expect something with a turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your salesman is an idiot to turn people away from his highest volume sale unit in Texas for the next 1.5 years. Or...he makes more money off a 4runner and said that to steer you to it. I mean seriously...talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Your salesman is an idiot to turn people away from his highest volume sale unit in Texas for the next 1.5 years. Or...he makes more money off a 4runner and said that to steer you to it. I mean seriously...talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

He is talking based on resale. You might could make a good deal on a 21 next year but resale wise when the redesign comes out you will be way behind. He’s been selling Toyota’s over 10 years he has a pretty good handle on things.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        He is talking based on resale. You might could make a good deal on a 21 next year but resale wise when the redesign comes out you will be way behind. He’s been selling Toyota’s over 10 years he has a pretty good handle on things.

"Sir did you say you want a Tundra?

Yes

Don't buy one now. Is there anything else I can sell you?

No....

OK....well I guess we are done here..."

Comment

"Sir did you say you want a Tundra?

Yes

Don't buy one now. Is there anything else I can sell you?

No....

OK....well I guess we are done here..."

He would have sold us one, although inventory is very low right now. He was just saying that it would be better to buy one after the redesign.

Comment

Waiting for DapperDan's input here.

Comment

But it will still look like the offspring between a Dodge and a Ford that had a head on collision at 70 mph

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                From what I understand it is not actually a totally new engine design. It is based on one of the already existing engines in a Lexus model with some mods added. At least that's the way I understood it.
                Yeah, it's likely going to be a hybrid too. Hence the spy shots having the skirts down the side of it. Potentially it's covering the rear suspension, but I suspect hybrid more than coil overs. From what I've read and seen, it will be the same motor in my wife RX350, with turbos strapped to it. My friend at Toyota says everything being design is in prep for another democrat in the white house who will impose strict emission standards. He said there is already a DEF system standing by for the Tundra when the govt decides to put DEF on gas engines.

In 10 years, hybrids are going to be way more powerful than any diesel today, and we will wonder why we ever needed 6.7 liter diesels. Its depressing to think about that my 717 HP Hellcat will be obsolete.

Side note, I am not looking forward to the guys claiming they get 40 MPG with their truck...
                Last edited by WItoTX; 10-07-2020, 01:57 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Last I read was '22....and no way in hell would I jump in on an initial motor release. I'll let somebody else be the guinea pig until they get all the bugs worked out.
                  Jason, I believe Toyota has already had that motor in production on the LS500h. I've read that they are offering a turbo on it for increased HP

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                    Waiting for DapperDan's input here.
                    I casted that line already. Maybe he will get innerwebs permission this evening

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Last I read was '22....and no way in hell would I jump in on an initial motor release. I'll let somebody else be the guinea pig until they get all the bugs worked out.
                      Supposedly it is not a new motor. It is the same motor they are putting in the Lexus SUVs. At least that was what I saw a few months ago.

Comment

There is no official word on anything yet. I’d imagine they would have to go tt 6 to compete but I bet they keep the v8 too. I sure as heck would t buy a first year one even if it is a Toyota.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                          The same as every other truck... too much
                          :-))) higher than a woodpecker hole!

Comment

Working...
                          X