X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balut duck eggs .

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
      I tried calamari once. Didn't care for it... I think a ton of people would say octopus is not weird. But for me, just cutting the tentacles and throwing it in some broth was just gross. The whole soup was like trying to fit as many species of ocean animals into a bowl at once.
      Calamari is really good, too. (In my opinion.)

I can understand where the visual could really get to people, I guess going in with a really open mind is what gets me through it. Lingua (tongue) gets a lot of folks too, but I think it tastes just like roast.

Comment

Mountain lion I guess is the most exotic which was outstanding.

Lengua is a staple down here as is the rest of the cow head meat.

Raccoon was like poorly cooked extra greasy & gamy cabrito.

Was told I ate road runner once but can't confirm.

Comment

calf brains ,it was good

Comment

Grass hopper

Comment

Fresh pork brains scrambled with eggs.

Comment

I ate something at a Chinese restaurant that looked like a chicken foot. It was covered in gravy so I thought what the heck. I nawed on it for like 5 minutes before spiting it out.

Comment

Fish sticks. Apparently im a gay fish?

Comment

Any of you boys doggin' on the armadillo eaters on that other thread??
                    I live by the motto, "just because you can eat something doesn't mean you should"!

Comment

Beef lung. It tasted like liver but looked like a sponge.

Comment

Fried softshell crab is one of my favorites. Eating a whole crab, shell and all can be odd to some.

Comment

Had a buddy a few years ago during the Vietnam war got a two day pass. Went out on a local fishing boat. He said the locals would bring them aboard and eat them raw. He has passed so no telling if true are not.

Comment

Both sets of grandparents used to cook squirrel brains quite a bit. I’m far from a picky eater, but I never really got that one.

Love squirrel, but I’ll pass on the noggin portions.

Comment

I like to try all sorts of food, but I want someone that knows what they are doing to prepare it. I don’t know if I could ever eat a balut egg though. I love eggs, that might ruin it for me. Octopus, lengua, Tripe, tendons... I’m good with all that stuff. And I will literally try anything at a sushi restaurant, at least once. I know I’ve had some of those candy bug things, people buy as jokes.

Weirdest thing I’ve ever had might be iguana though. Ate it on the side of the road in Honduras. It was pretty good, kinda like dark meat chicken texture. The whole foot just chilling in the dish made me laugh, and the iguana eggs on top were delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                                Both sets of grandparents used to cook squirrel brains quite a bit. I’m far from a picky eater, but I never really got that one.

Love squirrel, but I’ll pass on the noggin portions.
                                Fried squirrel brains are good. A true southern delicacy.

Comment

Working...
                                X