Navarro mills hogs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boss bowman View Post
    I would try around the twin bridges area down county road 3320 I was scouting there this last weekend and you can't go anywhere without finding hog tracks its covered up in them. You can't get to any of this area by boat now because the western half of the lake is dry due to the drought.
    make sure that you stay on the east side of the road at twin bridges back towards the lake. some people have been running dogs on the west side and that is private property.

Comment

Thanks for the info it is really appreciated.

Comment

Sean, You been out here yet? I need to come to Ennis sometime this month to help my Pop with a few things. Sure would like to do a little hunting while I am up that way!

Comment

I havent made it out there yet.I am hoping next weekend I will get to go on Sunday for a few hours and atleast do a little scouting.

Comment

When you guys say twin bridges is that down by where 3320 turns the 90 degree corner and turns into 3330?I went there last sunday and just walked the road that goes thru there and seen a lot of hog sighn back in the deeper woods area around the corner.Seen a hog trap in a few hundred yards also,but it wasnt set.

Comment

No your way off twin bridges is down hill county road 3320 which is west of there, after looking at the map you were on navarro county road 3320 (I had no idea there were two 3320's so close together). There is no corp land that borders navarro 3320 or navarro 3330 so you were on private land, ooops!

Comment

There was the Corp hunting signs at the gate.
                Last edited by Sean; 03-15-2007, 09:00 PM. Reason: typing skillz sux

Comment

Well anyways you were on the wrong road, take a look on the map, where we were talking about is at the farthest west portion of the corp land in hill county, not navarro. There are two concrete bridges down this gravel road. The area is closer to pelham than emmeret where you were at.
                  Last edited by boss bowman; 03-15-2007, 09:06 PM.

Comment

OK I broke out my map and see the other 3320 in Hill Co. There was a Corp hunting sign at the gate where I went this past Sunday on the Navarro 3320.
                    Thanks for the info,I dont know why in the heck they roads with the same numbers that close to each other. Me and my brother are gonna try and make it out this Sunday if work dont jack us around.
                    Last edited by Sean; 03-15-2007, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I grew up on this lake crappie fishing and duck hunting. Twin bridges is a good spot for the west side entrance, but also on FM 709 if you can find the Vista Del Lago entrance there are a lot of hogs in this area too and it is on the SW side of the lake. The lake is the lowest it has been since the 50's so the water is a pretty good hike but the recent rains we had have got a lot of new green stuff and fresh wallows down by the lake. There are some key travel routes between bed and water and setting up on one should not be real hard. Make sure you have the permit though Heath doesn't tolerate any kind of hunting mishaps.
                      Good Luck,
                      James

Comment

Whats the deal with the special hog hunt season in the spring, I've tried to reach heath mclain (sp?) by phone but never can, pm me if necessary.

Comment

The lake is now completely full with flood gates open. Expect hogs further inland from lake now.

Comment

Working...
                          X