X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by Whosure View Post
      OMG those are some incredible pictures. Congrats on the trophies and thanks for sharing. I never would have thought of doing a safari with a bow. Did you have to convince them to let you bow hunt or do they welcome the sport of bowhunting there. I am soooo jealous!
      Great question: There are lots of African outfitters that offer bow hunting. Yet, surprisingly, very few are actually knowledgeable and experienced bow hunters themselves. This is a very important factor to consider when researching African outfitters. Regardless of the outfitter you ultimately choose, make sure that they are properly set-up and experienced to accommodate bow hunters.

Almost all of the PHs at Limcroma are avid bow hunters themselves. They understand all of the small details necessary to ensure the success of their guests. Also, Hannes Els, the owner, is one of a very few African PHs that have both the qualifications and experience to hunt dangerous game with a bow....Hunting dangerous game is no freakin joke, and you better be sure that the people who you are hunting with can be trusted with your life!

Comment

Great trophies.. Awesome mature Buff.. Hannis is first class.. Can't wait to go back with my whole family.
        Al and Tye doing the taxidermy work?

Comment

Awesome animals and trip!

Comment

Lincroma has definitely put a lot of TBHers on critters over the years. My first trip back in 08' was with a Black Ice.........that bow was majic! Good choice on Grizzly Stic's........Garret is a good guy and wants folks that shoot his setups to be pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              Great trophies.. Awesome mature Buff.. Hannis is first class.. Can't wait to go back with my whole family.
              Al and Tye doing the taxidermy work?
              You bet..! I believe Al & Ty are headed over this summer for another hunt as well.

Comment

Originally posted by firehunt fish View Post
                You bet..! I believe Al & Ty are headed over this summer for another hunt as well.
                Yes. A big Croc is on the menu from what I understand. That would be a fun hunt to tag along on.. Congrats again on the trophies..
                That Buff has some awesome hair.. He will make a beautiful mount.

Comment

What BH is that? Looks like a big fixed.. How did it perform on that Buff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What BH is that? Looks like a big fixed.. How did it perform on that Buff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I was trying to see the same thing. Single bevel Massai on the buff I think.

Comment

[QUOTE=ttaxidermy;12461270]What BH is that? Looks like a big fixed.. How did it perform on that Buff?

My Cape buffalo arrow was a Grizzlystik Momentum Black 175 cut to 30" with 2" Blazer vanes and a Nocturnal nock. The arrows were custom built by Grizzlystik to have a 26% foc, and weighed a total of 975 grains with the Bishop Archery 315 grain 2-blade right single bevel, forged steel broadhead.

My shot distance on the buffalo was 17 yards. I made a follow-up insurance shot at 40. Even at 40 yards, the arrow buried 24" nearly to the fletchings. The arrow broke the ribs on the entrance and lodged in the rib cage on the opposite side.

I was very pleased overall with the broadhead and the arrow. The guys at Grizzlystik are very knowledgeable and helpful and dialing in a set-up specific to your bow. I would highly recommend both the Grizzlystik arrow and the 315 grain broadhead from Bishop Archery for dangerous game. That broadhead was bullet proof... Neither one had a mark on it after retrieving it from the buffalo.
                      Last edited by firehunt fish; 05-28-2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Sorry... Double posted there by accident.

Comment

Wow.. That's some great penetration... Maybe I missed it but what draw weight.?

Comment

I recognize that dog and his owner. Otto is a great guy.

Congrats on the Buffalo

Comment

Wow.. That's some great penetration... Maybe I missed it but what draw weight.?
                              72 lbs. @ 29".... These are the broadheads pulled from the buffalo.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Impressive!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X