Whitetail Buck Bag Limit Clerification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitetail Buck Bag Limit Clerification

Just want to make sure I am thinking right. The texas bag limit is three bucks. If they are all taken in different counties then it doesn't matter if they are all greater than the 13" antler restriction. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Alan

If your hunting AR counties then you can take a buck that has an unbranched antler or greater than 13". If hunting two different AR counties then yes you can take two bucks that are greater than the 13", one from each county.

As far as the 3rd buck I believe it must be taken from a county that has a 3 buck limit.
    I don't think that you can take a 3rd buck from a two buck county, even if it is your first buck from that county. But I'm not sure. Seems that there was a discussion on here before the crash about this and that is what the GW said.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
      As far as the 3rd buck I believe it must be taken from a county that has a 3 buck limit.
      I don't think that you can take a 3rd buck from a two buck county, even if it is your first buck from that county. But I'm not sure. Seems that there was a discussion on here before the crash about this and that is what the GW said.
      Damian...I don't think that's right. They changed it where you can kill your 3 bucks in any type of county (1,2,3 buck county) as long as you don't exceed the buck limit in any particular county.

Comment

Not the same situation but similar-----
        I had a lease near Glenrose that straddled the county line of Hood and Somervell. Hood was 2 bucks and Somervell was 1 buck.
        I asked the GW if that meant I could shoot 2 bucks on the south side and 1 on the north side.
        Answer was no.

Comment

I think you are correct, except for one exception. I'd dig out your regs and double check this. But in a "ONE BUCK ONLY" county you cannot take another buck in another "ONE BUCK ONLY" county that is in the same zone. I haven't had to worry about that in a few years, so that reg might have changed, but its the only restriction I can think of about bucks from different harvest limit counties.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            Not the same situation but similar-----
            I had a lease near Glenrose that straddled the county line of Hood and Somervell. Hood was 2 bucks and Somervell was 1 buck.
            I asked the GW if that meant I could shoot 2 bucks on the south side and 1 on the north side.
            Answer was no.
            I would think he was wrong unless there's some law about a particular piece of property straddling two counties. You should be able to kill 2 bucks in the 2 buck county and one in the 1 buck county.

Maybe someone that knows for sure can clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Damian...I don't think that's right. They changed it where you can kill your 3 bucks in any type of county (1,2,3 buck county) as long as you don't exceed the buck limit in any particular county.
              Bobby, I wasn't sure about that. I know a few years back that it was like this but I have not been fortunate enough to have to check on this. What your saying above makes since especially since they have the deer log on the back of the lic. That way you can not cheat.

BTW Bryce took your cape to Joe and said great things about you. He said your good people. We have been hunting a bit this year and it is always good to meet new TBH'ers.

Comment

I would think he was wrong unless there's some law about a particular piece of property straddling two counties. You should be able to kill 2 bucks in the 2 buck county and one in the 1 buck county.

Maybe someone that knows for sure can clarify?
                I would think the same thing. If your on a piece of property that is on the county line then you should be able to follow the county rules. But being that it is the same property may be the problem. Since you have to put down the ranch name it would then show that your hunting the same property and claiming different different counties. The game wardens would call foul.

Comment

I have read and reread the regs and I can't find anything in there that says we can't shoot three different bucks as long as they are in 3 different counties. I hope you are right Chew, I don't want to screw up. I have put in a call to a game warden friend but don't know if he will return the message being that it is Thanksgiving day.

Comment

Alan, I believe you are good. Since they changed the regs about the one buck county. They now have the deer log on the lic. and that would prevent anyone from shooting two bucks in the one buck counties and would allow you to shoot your three bucks in different counties.

Comment

Chew man is correct.....any combination of deer tags can be used as long as it's legal in that particular county....

Comment

Our lease is in 2 counties that are 1 buck. Our GW said that if the back of our license was filled out showing what Co.the buck was killed it was ok,but he did not think it was ethical?

Comment

Working...
                        X