Quieting Rapid Rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quieting Rapid Rails

Love the rapid rails. Especially if you can leave them in the tree for the season. so effortless to climb. But to use them on public land for sneak in hunts....forget it! They are so loud!

Has anyone had any luck quieting them down? I am thinking about spraying expanding foam down through them.

Originally posted by Mudshack View Post
    Love the rapid rails. Especially if you can leave them in the tree for the season. so effortless to climb. But to use them on public land for sneak in hunts....forget it! They are so loud!

Has anyone had any luck quieting them down? I am thinking about spraying expanding foam down through them.
    Are you talking about the sound they make sliding up and down on the tree as you walk? Or the sound they make when you bang something against them?

Comment

I've got no problem with them. Been using them for a number of years on public. I've got the aluminum model.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Climb them bare foot.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
          Are you talking about the sound they make sliding up and down on the tree as you walk? Or the sound they make when you bang something against them?
          When they bang together, or against the tree, or a buckle hits them....all of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            I've got no problem with them. Been using them for a number of years on public. I've got the aluminum model.

So that would be a NO

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Climb them bare foot.
              So that would be a NO

Comment

I would advise against it. Foam makes them heavier and also the foam retains moisture. Once moisture gets in the phone it’s almost impossible for it to dry out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                  I would advise against it. Foam makes them heavier and also the foam retains moisture. Once moisture gets in the phone it’s almost impossible for it to dry out

That sounds like legit advice. Never thought about the moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudshack View Post
                    That sounds like legit advice. Never thought about the moisture.

I believe summit makes a rubberized spray you can use. I think it’s designed to use on their platforms for their tree climbers. You could also try plastic dip

Comment

Filling them with foam will make a difference. Maybe wrap them in pipe insulation and duct tape.

Comment

Comment

I don't find them noisy at all when traveling in. I do make sure they are cinched down tight when traveling. And find them quite to climb. If I make noise with them, it's usually very minor unless I loose control of what I'm holding. But your gonna make noise with anything if ya loose control of it. I just don't let it bother me any more if I make minimal noise.

Comment

Put rubber crutch tips on the legs that touch the tree. This will keep them from making any noise when climbing. As far as set up. I just try to be careful and quiet.

Comment

Yea i'd go with pipe insulation zip tied on the uprights and some kind of rubberized spray like flex seal on the rungs.

I do absolutely hate the noise it makes when you are trying to setup quietly and they bang together or a buckle hits them.

Comment

Working...
                              X