Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of fuel mileage are you getting in your Eco Boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of fuel mileage are you getting in your Eco Boost?

Just wondering what kind of fuel mileage you are getting in your 4 door 4x4 Eco Boost. I drive about 150 miles a day in my 3500 dually. Getting tired of putting in 120$ every couple of days and thinking about getting a new Eco boost F150. I would probably put replacement bumpers on the front and back plus put 285 tires on it. I need to know if the add ons will make the fuel mileage go down significantly. Thanks in advance

Has anyone gone from a mega cab dually to an Eco boost or from a diesel to an Eco boost and how do you like it. It just seems hard to go from diesels to an Eco boost. I don't want to be T'd off if I get one and wish I would have stayed with a diesel
    Last edited by HUNTnTAIL; 01-08-2013, 05:53 PM.

Mine stock babying it was getting 18-20 on hwy 16 in town. Bigger tires, leveling kit and a grill guard(not replacement bumper) and now im at 16 and 13-14. Add ons hurt the mileage alot on the eco. It still hauls arse and pulls like a mother!!! I strongly recommend it. Oh and I no longer baby it, I drove it like I stole it!!

Comment

It should be called an eco or boost. My 2012 fx4 crew cab bone stock will run 21 on the highway al day long.... if you can stay at 65 or under. Fat chance of that. 18mpg at 70... 16mpg at 80.

The city yields right at 16mpg. Don't baby it, but don't hot rod it either.

Comment

i havent checked my mileage, but it will pull my 24ft gooseneck full of mama cows no problemo. im impressed

Comment

I know you asked about Eco boost but I figured I'd give you perspective on the 5.0. I bought mine new right before Thanksgiving and have just under 5k miles on it. I've gotten about 15 mph in the city and got just over 17 mpg on a couple hundred mile trip with the cruise control sat on 82.

Comment

If I keep mine under 70 I average 18.6 combined. Going back and forth to the lease 5 hours averaging 80 mph loaded I get 16.5-17. It pulls like a diesel.... I love this truck !!!!!2.5" leveling kit is only mod do far..

Comment

Originally posted by lsmith View Post
              If I keep mine under 70 I average 18.6 combined. Going back and forth to the lease 5 hours averaging 80 mph loaded I get 16.5-17. It pulls like a diesel.... I love this truck !!!!!2.5" leveling kit is only mod do far..
              Haha! Now that's funny! I'm assuming you haven't pulled anything besides a lawn mower trailer and have never pulled anything with a diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Colwell View Post
                Haha! Now that's funny! I'm assuming you haven't pulled anything besides a lawn mower trailer and have never pulled anything with a diesel.
                the 2004 f250 diesel i traded in was a dog compared to my ecoboost.

Comment

Originally posted by txnduckhntr View Post
                  What kind of acceleration does it have if you put your foot in it to pass someone?

Comment

Originally posted by txnduckhntr View Post
                    Ok, if you say so but hook up 20k lbs or hook a decent load up and go pull Ranger Hill and see how the Ecoboost pulls for ya. Both may be good at what they were designed for but trying to compare the 2 is like apples and oranges.

Comment

16.8 mpg in the city. About 18 mpg on the highway if I keep it around 70. This is for an FX4, stock tires.

Comment

Come on colwell... U really want to hook up a half ton truck to 20,000 lbs???? It is the best motor out there in a half ton. It pulls a 21' bay boat better than my dads 3/4 ton with the Chevy 6.0 in it. And I've seen the 6.0 walk off from diesels loaded with 14,000 of hay behind them. If you don't have one then why are you even posting?

Comment

Mine is at 15.8 right now and I haven't reset it in a while and have a really short stop and go commute. Mostly city driving. When I reset and get on a toll road and put on cruise control at 65 or so it goes up to about 20 mpg.

Comment

Thanks for the responses

Comment

Originally posted by lsmith View Post
                              Come on colwell... U really want to hook up a half ton truck to 20,000 lbs???? It is the best motor out there in a half ton. It pulls a 21' bay boat better than my dads 3/4 ton with the Chevy 6.0 in it. And I've seen the 6.0 walk off from diesels loaded with 14,000 of hay behind them. If you don't have one then why are you even posting?
                              No, I absolutely wouldn't and wouldn't compare them to a diesel. FYI, no I don't own one but have rode and drove one. I was just reading how yall brag about getting 18 mpg out of a 1/2 ton and couldn't resist when the guy tried comparing the 2. Also more thing, who are you to question why posted and tell me when I can post?

Comment

Working...
                              X