Fishing in Destin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have fun!

Where do you fly into? I flew out of the Tallahassee airport, hair care & tire center 2 weeks ago and flew close enough I could see Destin beach. I’m hauling camper in 2 weeks. If fly wife and kids if I didn’t have to go far to get them

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
      I had the exact opposite experience at half hitch. Fella behind the counter told me and a buddy "get a guide" when we asked what people were catching. Just trying to get a little local incite. Most definitely won't catch me in there again.
      Well that's not good at all. We've been going there over 20 years, usually 2 - 3 times and have had nothing but good experiences. I wouldn't say they're the most friendly and outgoing folks, but they have always been very helpful.

Comment

Nvm saw post 25

Comment

Southwest has a good connector at Panama City Beach (ECP).

Comment

No fishing so far, but hoping to hit it this evening. Did some snorkeling for a few hours and found a bunch of sand dollars, then hit the pool for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like an awesome trip so far. Enjoy!

Comment

From before the tunnel and all the way across the causeway was bumper to bumper traffic.. Again, Crazy STUPID Traffic...

Comment

May have caught my PB trout

Comment

None of them were breaking any records, but I won’t ever turn down a topwater bite. Finally got to fish the bay a little this morning

Comment

looks fun.

Comment

Be careful with those sand dollars. We always used to get a bunch of them... then the game warder hammered the people sitting next to us last year with fines. He warned all of us that they cannot be taken from the water, period. He said they are focusing heavily on stopping that now.

Comment

Heck yeah the trout there sure are pretty. That's about all we throw down there mostly skitter walks

Comment

Can't beat a good topwater bite. Good work.

Comment

Where did you go in the bay if you don't mind me asking? Like where did you park and walk in?

Comment

Originally posted by riverbowman View Post
                                Be careful with those sand dollars. We always used to get a bunch of them... then the game warder hammered the people sitting next to us last year with fines. He warned all of us that they cannot be taken from the water, period. He said they are focusing heavily on stopping that now.

Man, I’m glad you said something. I had no clue

Comment

Working...
                                X