No announcement yet.

Whataburger Sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burger street is a better fast food burger these days, so are Braums and some DQs. Nothing wrong with Whataburger though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

At least Bass Pro Shops didn't buy them. Maybe there's a chance nothing will change.

Comment

Seems to me that the main opportunity to make money for the investment group lies in expansion -- put tons of more outlets in other states. No need to change anything about the operation of existing ones.

Comment

The patty melt is the best fast food burger you can get.

Also even though they sold majority share the Dobson family will still be a part of the company.

Comment

I hate to see some POS yankee company buy Whataburger, but honestly they’re not near as good as they used to be (even just 5 years ago). Still like they honey butter chicken biscuits but I can leave a Whataburger faster than I can take it.

Comment

People from Chicago don't know what real burgers are. They rave about White Castle...wafer thin slices of a meat product on a bite sized roll. If Whatasliders are on the menu I'll never eat there again.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                I thought the same until the last few years. PTerrys a Texas chain in it's own right blows Whataburger away and it's not close. Its drive thru only. Hell I'll take a Storms over a Whataburger any day. Its not like I wont eat a Whataburger but either my taste have changed or the burger is not as good. I will take a Whataburger over In and Out crap any day.
                PTerrys. Better than WB. Oh come on now!! No need to make a statement with that much stupidity in it lol. PTerrys is awful and the smallest burger you can get. I haven’t storms in a long time so I can’t compare them and WB but my #5 I had just an hour ago was fantastic. Hot with hot fries and sweet tea was o point.
                Mans yes In n Out is trash. Not even worth the time to give it a second try

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Kongrats to the sellers!!! Waaaay to achieve a large swath of the American Dream with this deal, the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well!!!
                  Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  Seems to me that the main opportunity to make money for the investment group lies in expansion -- put tons of more outlets in other states. No need to change anything about the operation of existing ones.
                  About the only two educated responses in my quick glimpse of this thread.

They make a great product and have now found their liquidity event to pay them for their success while having the ability to mobilize the new capital for additional expansion of an amazing fast food chain.

Amazing how much ignorance there is surrounding investment deals by PEGs and investment money altogether.

If someone wanted me to believe TBH was a pro-Capitalism group this thread would have me convinced otherwise.

Kuddos to the owners for their success.
                  Last edited by HoustonHunter; 06-14-2019, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Anytime an investment firm buys majority ownership it will be fine for about four to five years. During that time they will review every cost and find a way to cut it. The goal is to make the company as profitable as possible so the can sell it to another investment firm. I just lived thru this with a well respected family owned company. Worked their 38 years and the investment company eliminated my position.

Comment

Whataburger Sold

If I was the one who just bought Whataburger, I’d pay a lot of attention to the loyalty of the current clientele, and try to improve on service and efficiency. The model for that right now in their market is Chic Filet. Imagine a Whataburger run like that with as close an eye on product quality..[emoji15]

Comment

Dr.Pepper all over again, it was sad when they shut the Waco bottling facility down. Also Lone Star getting bought out by **** hole Pabst Beer. At least neither of them F'd up those brands or flavors!!

Lets hope Shiner do not leave us

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          If I was the one who just bought Whataburger, I’d pay a lot of attention to the loyalty of the current clientele, and try to improve on service and efficiency. The model for that right now in their market is Chic Filet. Imagine a Whataburger run like that with as close an eye on product quality..[emoji15]

That will cost them money, not make them money. But I agree, it has worked well for Chick Fil A

Comment

Originally posted by MattPopp View Post
                            That will cost them money, not make them money. But I agree, it has worked well for Chick Fil A
                            Chick fila destroys whatabuger. Hands down.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                              I was a long time Whataburger lover but over the more recent years there are much better burgers. P Terry's and Hat Creek to name a few.
                              Hat Creek is over priced and just OK. Whataburger is waaaay better.
                              Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              Man, y'all must have some ****ty whataburgers around y'all. The 2 that I hit occasionally in Montgomery and Conroe are down right good...always fresh and hot.
                              The one here in Allen is greatness! As good as ever.

I'll take a #3 with cheese and jalapenos, extra large order of onion rings and a small diet Coke please!

Comment

Working...
                              X