Paranormal stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
    There is no Purgatory of which the Bible speaks.
    Thats what i thought. Either your going to heaven or your going to hell. You have to remember that satan and his demons days are numbered. They have nothing better to do than to cause chaos and snatch souls do to not accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.

Comment

The Bible strictly prohibits seeking to talk to the dead in the old testament and clarifies that stance in the new testament as it puts forth that "ghosts" are essentially demons disguising themselves as deceased individuals. In the spirit world there is basically God, the Holy Spirit, Jesus, Angels and demons. Humans also have a spiritual presence represented by our soul. However, the human soul is not free to travel back and forth between the spiritual realm and the realm of the living. Demons do so out of disobedience and angels do so only at the request of The Most High. Most Christians believe that when a human dies his/her soul is either immediately in the presence of The Lord or in hell or that the soul goes to sleep until the second coming and thus judgement. There are other slightly different beliefs, but these are the two major ones. I do believe that there are a few exceptions to these principles. First I believe that when a person dies there soul remains on earth until sunrise the morning following their death. I base this both on personal experience and The Bible. The Bible says that when Jesus returns He will come from the east just like the sun rises and that is why gravestones almost always face east. When my mother died of cancer 12 years ago, she died in bed at my grandmothers house. She had expressed to me that I was to write her obituary and that I was to welcome my sister's then boyfriend into our family with her blessing. After she died and the funeral home removed her body from the house we all went to bed at my grandmother's house. I didn't sleep well that night but I did sleep. About 30 minutes before daylight, the lamp by the bed which I was sleeping in turned on by itself waking me up. Somehow I felt that it was time to write the obituary. I got up wrote the obituary and as I penciled the last word, the light that was 10 feet away suddenly shut off. It just so happens that that exact moment was also when the sun began to rise. I took the light home with me and kept it plugged in for over a year, but it never turned on by itself again. Most theologians would likely disagree with my interpretation of this event but we must remember that The Lord clearly states in The Bible that the great mysteries are His and not for us to figure out and also that as many of the theologians in Jesus' day were wrong, that has not changed. I am not speaking against their intentions, only against their scholarly dissection of The Lord's Word that can be fully understood by no man. As for your experience, I would have to consider it a demon based on what I believe and what you have said. The Bible does say that humans can control demons if they call on Jesus. However it also indicates that man without calling on Jesus should never try to rebuke satan or demons as even Jesus did not do so when tempted in the desert. Instead Jesus quoted scripture while satan attempted to contort it.

Comment

When my wife moved into our current house 2 yrs ago, for almost a yr we noticed things out of the ordinary. It first started with us hearing things or moving things. Then my daughter tells us one day that someone pulled her hair in her room. Maybe a week later I was in the shower and opened the door of the shower to snag a new bottle of shampoo and about 10ft away is my sink and mirror with my toiletries on the counter. I see my hair gel bottle move atleast 4" and fall into the sink. Talk about bumfuzzled. I immediately hollered at my wife and showed her the hair gel in the sink and told her what I saw. She went through the house saying a prayer and none of us have experienced anything since.

That being said, I've never been more scared of some lights that I saw one evening fox calling in Mason County.

Comment

ttt for Samhain

Comment

My best friend grew up in a house that was on History Channels "Unsolved Mysteries." I don't really believe in any of that stuff, but hearing some of the stories he tells makes my skin crawl. Its hard to deny that stuff goes on when someone you know and trust tells you the story.

Comment

Not sure if I posted this or not. I was in the 4 th grade when I had my first encounter with a spirit. We didn't know if the house had any previous history with it, although we knew the owners. Anyway, I was awoken one summer night. Just kinda opened my eyes for no apparent reason. I slept with my door open and as I laid there on my side staring out into the hall, movement caught my eye. It was a very tall, dark shadowy figure (darker than the dark creating a very distinct contrast) that was marching military style past my door. I could clearly see it's arms swinging and legs high stepping kinda like the German army used to march. I pulled my head under the covers and didn't surface until I heard my parents voices the next morning. I remember sweating like two slaves under the covers.

I told my parents what I had saw and they dismissed it as a dream. And honestly, after a while, I did too. That is until my cousin came and slept over with my sister. About 6-8 months later....

They had fallen asleep in the den. I heard my cousin scream in the middle of the night. My parents got up to check on them and my mom slept with them the rest of the night.

The next morning, I was asking what all the ruckus was about. My cousin said she woke up to a noise and when she did, she saw this dark figure marching back and forth in the hall. She acted it out and everything. When she told my parents that, their jaws dropped. I looked at them and said, "See?! I told you so!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                Not sure if I posted this or not. I was in the 4 th grade when I had my first encounter with a spirit. We didn't know if the house had any previous history with it, although we knew the owners. Anyway, I was awoken one summer night. Just kinda opened my eyes for no apparent reason. I slept with my door open and as I laid there on my side staring out into the hall, movement caught my eye. It was a very tall, dark shadowy figure (darker than the dark creating a very distinct contrast) that was marching military style past my door. I could clearly see it's arms swinging and legs high stepping kinda like the German army used to march. I pulled my head under the covers and didn't surface until I heard my parents voices the next morning. I remember sweating like two slaves under the covers.

I told my parents what I had saw and they dismissed it as a dream. And honestly, after a while, I did too. That is until my cousin came and slept over with my sister. About 6-8 months later....

They had fallen asleep in the den. I heard my cousin scream in the middle of the night. My parents got up to check on them and my mom slept with them the rest of the night.

The next morning, I was asking what all the ruckus was about. My cousin said she woke up to a noise and when she did, she saw this dark figure marching back and forth in the hall. She acted it out and everything. When she told my parents that, their jaws dropped. I looked at them and said, "See?! I told you so!"
                That made the hair on my arms stand up. Creepy!

Comment

We need more stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                    You have not let her go yet.
                    Whaterever happened to Ally?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      Whaterever happened to Ally?
                      I don't know. If he didn't help her leave I guess she is still with him. What I want to know is what happened to him? I never see him post anymore.

Comment

Great write up Blood Trail, do you have any more stories?

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                          We need more stories.
                          Hey Deb, you need to post 'em up too. You seem to be more in tune than most of us. I know you expressed reluctance earlier in the thread, but if you can, lay it on us.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingslayer View Post
                            My wifes co-worker had a problem like yours...She was told to go buy a cat...She went to the pound and got a cat...And all problems stopped...She nows owns 3 cats that stay in the home...And has not had a problem since...

Maybe worth a shot
                            I would prefer to live with the ghost than a cat!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                              I had a run in with something evil sometime between 07-09 (don't remember the exact date/year).

I am in the Army, and at the time, I was living in a suburb of Augusta, GA. I got up in the middle of the night and walk into my bathroom. As soon as I clear the door way, I am hit from behind and knocked down by something very large. Though I am hit from behind with a lot of force, I still manage to land on my back on the bathroom floor. No sooner had I landed on the floor when something picks me up with one hand and lays me forcefully on my bed beside my wife. When I say large, I mean LARGE. As in this being could wrap one hand around my torso, like a human being to a barbie doll.

I remember lying in my bed with his hand around my chest with a lot of pressure that made it very hard to breathe. I begin to call my wife's name but I could barely get anything out due to the pressure and fear. She wakes up and leans over me. I can see her and she can see my eyes are open and that I cannot move. She touches me and this dude is gone instantly.

I will never forget the heavy, pure evil feeling that was left in the room. I cannot explain it, but I do know that the experience was as real as any other experience I've ever had.

I am a born again follower of Jesus Christ and have been for many years. I know the spirit world exists, and since this "awakening," I have become a student of Spiritual Warfare. I believe this was just another way that Satan or his minions were trying to get my attention, as if to say, "We're watching you." But I also know that demons fear my wife. There is no doubt in my mind that they are absolutely terrified of her, which is why it fled as soon as she touched me. She has a faith that I couldn't come close to matching.

I don't believe this was a haunting connected to either the house or me. I cannot explain a lot of stuff in this thread (and I am OK with that), but I would like to say that angels are created beings and when people die, they do not become angels. They do become "like the angels." Same with demons, who used to be angels. As far as good or bad spirits outside of angels or demons, I don't know, and again, I am OK with that.

P.S. I would really like to hear Deb's stories.
                              I cannot believe I forgot one of the most important parts of this story. My wife was previously married to a man (disputable) who left her a couple of years before we got married.

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO HIM during their marriage.

Comment

I guess I will share something that I saw a few months ago, it is pretty short though. A couple of months ago my lab, who sleeps with me every night woke me up beating the bed with his tail and I could hear him licking. He never wags is tail unless he is excited, anyway I lean up in bed and he is is licking some figure right off the foot of my bed which looked to be a dark faced/haired girl. I don't know why, maybe I was still half way asleep or didn't believe what I saw but when I tried to touch her face it disappeared.

Comment

Working...
                                X