No announcement yet.

How many hunt on less than 200 ac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do. ~190-200 total and only hunt around half of it. So more like 100 acres. We hold lots of bucks and had 3 bucks last year known as 6+ yrs old. Very low pressure and food year around...WiFi cameras help keep pressure down and watch movement. Try to hunt when conditions are optimal

Comment

53 and 200. Take equally deer on both places and they are within a mile of each other.

Comment

All of the places I hunt whitetail with exception of public land are

Comment

I do in East Texas.

Comment

I hunt Public land and a piece of private land that is no more than 150 acres mostly open

Comment

To the OP - I’d check the On X hunt app and see what size your neighbors are.
              Also check how many blinds and feeders are on your neighbors properties on google earth.

If your leasing the 1/4 section, surrounded by a bunch of really small places - especially in some parts of the state - you might be signing up for a bunch of disappointing sits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

58, 80, and the two I used to hunt in Wimberley were 82 and 37.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                  To the OP - I’d check the On X hunt app and see what size your neighbors are.
                  Also check how many blinds and feeders are on your neighbors properties on google earth.

If your leasing the 1/4 section, surrounded by a bunch of really small places - especially in some parts of the state - you might be signing up for a bunch of disappointing sits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Thanks for the reminder to look at On X hunt, luv that app. I'll check it.

Comment

15 acres of bowhunting heaven on my piece of central Texas. Heavily wooded, great soil for my two .5 acre plots, water, a neighbor who doesnt hunt or lease, and a huge coastal field surrounding my place.The ultimate honey hole. Have taken multiple 200lb+ hogs, a nice 10 point, a few does, and my buddy stuck a turkey. Usually see 5-10 deer per sit during season and hogs almost every night under my green lense light during the off season. Hit animals head to the thick woods and won't leave it unless pushed. We havent had to ask to track anything off the property, but it wouldnt be a problem if we did, he would grant permission. Good relationship with the neighbour is always a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                      It’s all about who/what surrounds you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      I agree with this 100%

Comment

After hunting several leases all over 1000 acres, I killed my biggest buck this year on 45 acres. 149

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt a place that totals 240 acres, but only really hunt about a 30 acre patch of it. See/kill way better deer than on my 4K acre lease.

Comment

Curious?
                            When every one says hunt, how many deer are harvested per year on the small acreage plots? Looking at purchasing 35 acres and I'm not sure I should shoot more than 1 deer per season. thoughts? I know there are many variables, but I do see folks saying they hunt on 10 to 15 acres.

Comment

The place I'm buying(closing in 2wks) is 20ac, but have a neighbor next door that passed away so no one hunts his 40ac. The neighbor in front of me passed away too and his 40+ac doesn't get hunted either. Neither place has blinds or feeders up. I think I found a diamond in the rough.....

Comment

Originally posted by lostbrd View Post
                                Curious?
                                When every one says hunt, how many deer are harvested per year on the small acreage plots? Looking at purchasing 35 acres and I'm not sure I should shoot more than 1 deer per season. thoughts? I know there are many variables, but I do see folks saying they hunt on 10 to 15 acres.
                                My plan for the first 2 seasons is to not shoot any bucks unless they are completely junkie bucks. I plan to feed heavy(cottonseed, corn and a bit of protein) before I go after any bucks. I do plan to hog hunt and take an occasional exotic here and there. I will also not gun hunt at my place. It's gonna be strictly bow no exceptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X