Lets Talk Pre/Post Workout Nutrition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets Talk Pre/Post Workout Nutrition

I had to go back and look at for my post to find out that seven months ago I posted a question about post workout nutrition. At that time I was about three months into working out and was searching everywhere for information on nutrition. I'm coming up on one year since my journey began, and with the accountability threads, I thought I would share some of what I learned. I will also share what supplements I take as well. I know some of you don't believe in workout supplements, and that's fine. I feel like whatever an individual feels helps them make progress then it is a personal decision.

I'm just going to provide links to articles I feel give the best breakdown of the how when and where we should eat. I hope that some of you have input as well, but if we are going to hit the gym and spend our precious time and hard earned money we should at least have a general understanding of the following.
    Macronutrients: Protein, Fats, and Carbohydrates. We need to understand the different types, how much of each we need, and when to eat them. Attached is some info on Macros and a calculator to help you determine your daily needs.

Find your macronutrient ratio for flexible dieting and "if it fits your macros." Build a meal plan around your ideal ratio of proteins, carbs, and fats!

Glycemic index, which falls under the category of carbs, are important to understand no matter which diet you are trying. Myself, I try to eat only low G carbs with the exception of immediately following a workout. The attached article will explain more.

Have you ever eaten a meal, or slammed a carbohydrate drink before you trained, to find yourself feeling lethargic mid-way through your workout? Find out why here!

Post workout nutrition to me is the most important. When I got my post workout nutrition right, I saw greater progress with decrease soreness and increased recovery time.

Confused about post workout meal nutrition? Learn exactly what you should eat after a workout to build muscle or lose fat as best as possible.

Support you Testosterone Naturally. There has been a lot of talk on test here lately and all of us hitting the gym and eating right are doing the right things. Rest is also very important, as well as correct supplementation.

I have three Whey protein shakes a day. First one soon after brushing my teeth in the morning. Second, immediately following my workout. I workout and 1pm. In this one I also add Creatine and two tablespoons of honey. Third one, for my afternoon snack. It gets hard to have all the food and meals prepped that you need but I still eat or drink a shake five times a day. Six when I can. Whatever time of day you workout, the timing of the post workout shake is very important.

I drink C4 from GNC for pre workout energy and I add BCCA's to my during workout water.

I have a diet and workout plans if anyone is interested just PM me.

Hope some of you find this info helpful, and I hope some of you who know way more than me will find this thread and add to it.

Stay with it and it all very much depends on what type of training you are doing and your body type. That goes for pre and post workout.

Comment

pretty solid plan!!!

I am very similar to you

Just gotta stick to it

Comment

Great info

Comment

great job collecting info

Comment

Have you tried cutting down the shakes and subbing real food? Made a big difference for my physique. I still drink beef protein post workout. But only because I can't put down 3 chicken breasts or fish filets after a 2hour workout.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
              Have you tried cutting down the shakes and subbing real food? Made a big difference for my physique. I still drink beef protein post workout. But only because I can't put down 3 chicken breasts or fish filets after a 2hour workout.
              Beef protein? Been in the industry 15 years and never heard of drinking beef protein

Comment

Some days I only have the post workout shake but most of the time I have one for breakfast. I choose rest over cooking breakfast. Many months ago I would eat a protein bar for breakfast but there were a lot of cabs in them. I then switched to he Atkins bars but it just wasn't enough. So I started eating one with my shake. I lift pretty heavy so I really need a lot of calories to see the mass come on. For that reason I try to eat three times between workout and bed time. Plain creek yogurt with some vanilla whey mixed in is usually my go to if I get hungry late. The problem I have eating six times a time is that I get hungry if I don't eat all the time. My metabolism is running wide open.

Forgot to mention, I take Green Tea tablets and drink Green Tea all the time.

Originally posted by Flex View Post

Comment

If you like c4 as a pre workout try mesomorph..hands down the best pre workout I've ever taken..good stuff in it. Great energy. and no crash afterwards!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    Beef protein? Been in the industry 15 years and never heard of drinking beef protein
                    tons of beef protein on the market. try google.

Comment

There are studies available that compare beef protein to whey. I stuck with cold filtered whey after reading them but we are all different in the way our bodies react.

Originally posted by gingib View Post

Comment

Originally posted by TexasGunSlinger View Post
                        If you like c4 as a pre workout try mesomorph..hands down the best pre workout I've ever taken..good stuff in it. Great energy. and no crash afterwards!
                        I have tried most of them and my new favorite has been bull nox. I took it for a few months and it seems to have lost some luster but I really liked it for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                          There are studies available that compare beef protein to whey. I stuck with cold filtered whey after reading them but we are all different in the way our bodies react.
                          Carnivore makes one..40grams in a small bottle.Swear it reminds me of what blood tastes like..Yuck
                          To the o.p...Well done,and good info btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                            Carnivore makes one..40grams in a small bottle.Swear it reminds me of what blood tastes like..Yuck
                            To the o.p...Well done,and good info btw.
                            The few that I've tried tasted horrible as well.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Working...
                              X