Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I refuse to eat feral hog...change my mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y’all are doing an excellent job of convincing me to at least take the back straps. Thank you!

Comment

Y’all are doing an excellent job of convincing me to at least take the back straps. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
        Right there with ya ........ those things are nasty
        Dice them up along with some diced onions, get a skillet hot, add olive oil, onions, sprouts, salt and pepper, stir fry them , they taste really good this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
          Right there with ya ........ those things are nasty

Not when they’re wrapped in bacon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
            Feral hogs are quite possibly the nastiest animal I have ever come in contact with. Granted, pets will eat their own feces...but I ain’t eating a pet or a hog. Cows are nasty, but they don’t eat other dead animals, they eat grass. Maybe i hate hog because of their diets. Can someone convince me to eat a hog? I kill them all the time, but I leave em for the yotes and other hogs. When I leave one, seems the vultures eat the entire hog in a couple of days.

Is wild hog as disgusting as I think it is? Is it just me?
            Well, it ain't just you. If I want pork, I buy it, but I kill every hog I see.

Comment

I prefer pregnant sows. I also find the front shoulder to taste best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love wild pork. I also love catfish. Probably like both better than venison.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  I refuse to eat Brussel sprouts. Nobody seems to care.
                  I'm right there with you bud. Brussels Sprouts have terrible hygiene habits. Never saw a single one brush it's teeth.

Comment

You are really missing out.

Comment

The only thing I could care less that you eat after killing. Need to take as many as possible.

Comment

I’m with u. Don’t know why people pay to hunt them either.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                          Same here. The only part I hate is cleaning them. Now javelina, it's horrible. I've always said if you can drink a Corona beer wit out dressing it up you can eat a javelina. Same skunky taste.

Any beer you HAVE to dress up ain’t worth it.

Killed plenty of hogs and ate a few. One of the most important things I’ve found is making sure the glands inside the meat are removed. You’ll usually find one in each hindquarter. Backstraps are always good but as a rule of thumb I never eat anything over 75 pounds and that’s pushing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ChaseB1991 View Post
                            I’m with u. Don’t know why people pay to hunt them either.
                            Maybe because they can't afford to hunt deer? Or they don't have a place to hunt? Or they like the challenge since hogs are tougher to hunt/kill versus deer? Or maybe because it's the off season? Or they like to eat them.........................................

Comment

Oh, that Corona beer thang is funny. Its a beer (I guess) for what doctor Oz would call a “low taster” or “non-taster”

Heres to us High tasters who appreciate a good brew!

No one piece of food tastes the same to everyone, and it all has to do with how many bumps you have on your tongue. Test your sensory ability in five simple steps.

Last edited by Johnny44; 11-04-2018, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                                Not bad eating the little ones.....but spraying a group with a fully semi-automatic Automatic Rifle 15 assault weapon with a 100 round clip of powerful man killing bullets is pure heaven!
                                Spraying them with a fully semi-automatic Automatic Rifle 15 assault weapon with a 100 round clip?? Is this Beto??

Comment

Working...
                                X