Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slinky's on the feeder legs! No more Coons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet y'all can guess who you need to know pm to get some slinkies delivered.

I'll let'em go cheaper than you can order them from Amazon

Comment

I may be trying this in the near future on new feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        I bet y'all can guess who you need to know pm to get some slinkies delivered.

I'll let'em go cheaper than you can order them from Amazon
        I started to buy from you but figured shipping would kick my butt

Comment

No one will basically listen to what I have to say, but I use winch up feeders that put the feeder motor at least head high or higher and have NEVER had a single coon, cow or hog problem with my feeders! And we have all 3 in abundance!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
            I started to buy from you but figured shipping would kick my butt
            I'll add them to my website tomorrow and you can use the TBHFS code for free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              No one will basically listen to what I have to say, but I use winch up feeders that put the feeder motor at least head high or higher and have NEVER had a single coon, cow or hog problem with my feeders! And we have all 3 in abundance!

Nothing wrong with a winch up feeder. I hear ya
              The Slinky's are for the guys who already have a feeder that coons are climbing on. It's a lot cheaper to buy Slinky's than to buy a new winch up feeder.

Comment

Gunnyart will give you a heck of a deal on them too!

Comment

So far they have worked on my protein feeder . About $12 for 3 on Amazon! Money well spent in my book!!!

Comment

Where I hunt in south Texas has all hang 'em high feeders. No issues with coons at all. But, this feeder I'm using now belongs to the land owner and it is what it is. It is a coon and squirrel jungle gym. Our other feeders on this lease are stand and fills. So far, they're **** good at keeping coons away, especially my Ranch King Mighty Buck.

Comment

I put 4 feet pvc pipe at the top of each feeder leg and coated them with axle grease. It's been 4 months and I haven't seen a coon or a squirrel. The smell doesn't affect the deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                        Where I hunt in south Texas has all hang 'em high feeders. No issues with coons at all. But, this feeder I'm using now belongs to the land owner and it is what it is. It is a coon and squirrel jungle gym. Our other feeders on this lease are stand and fills. So far, they're **** good at keeping coons away, especially my Ranch King Mighty Buck.
                        I have one hand em high winch up and 5 other winch ups. Coons climb up the hang em high and the others when in the area. I comment on it when I notice. You can tell by seeing mud on the leg that has the cable and the solar panel wire will be pulled out some.

Comment

Well I tryed the slinky trick but does not work for me, coons have them so streched out they were all the way to the ground. It looks like they were using them to bungy jump. Not sure how they did it but one they have partially unraveled and pulled loops off the leg. So it may work for some but evidently my raccoons are way to tough to be slowed down.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            I have one hand em high winch up and 5 other winch ups. Coons climb up the hang em high and the others when in the area. I comment on it when I notice. You can tell by seeing mud on the leg that has the cable and the solar panel wire will be pulled out some.
                            I have two winch ups in Trinity Co. In two years I've seen one fox squirrell on the feeder. Coons are on the ground. Bonus is: deer don't seem to be bothered as much by the winch ups. Even the bigger bucks.

Comment

I put slinky's on my All Seasons and have not gotten a single photo of a squirrel or coon on the cage since. I'm a believer. I do have have "pre-slinky" pics of them hanging on the cage.

While I haven't gotten any pics of them on the feeder, and some of you may say I'm just not getting them when they're up there, the spinner plate position never changes until after a feed time has passed. In the past, I could see between some pics that it had been rotated.

Comment

Well since July 11, 2017, when I installed the Slinky's, I haven't had any coons get corn out of my feeders. I now have 4 feeders going without varmit cages. The Slinky's are still doing the job. Just wanted to bump this up again in case anyone is still fighting with those corn thieves

Comment

Working...
                                X