Bow in truck bed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow in truck bed?

I see guys with bow cases in the bed of their truck all the time. I have been hesitant to do this because (like a lot) my case is black. Since I will be traveling in the daytime just a little concerned about too much heat. This next trip a buddy will be going with me and when we go together it seems like Sanford and Son with all the stuff we take and may not be room for my bow, son's bow, people and other crap in the cab. Has anyone had any damage to their bow traveling with it in the bed of the truck during the day?

I haven't had any issues

Comment

None here

Comment

That's where I always put mine

Comment

Nah. With the air that is blowing by in the back of the truck I don't see how it could heat up from radiated heat when basicaly there is a fan blowing on it the entire trip. Even at a light when you aren't moving there won't be a long enough pause to heat up the inside to an unsafe temp. I always had mine in the back of my truck. I just always made sure it didn't bounce around much so that I wouldn't be knocking around my sight.

Comment

with temps the way they are now youre fine...but early season when its still in the 90s +...no way. can delam a limb or to. the limbs are still just glued together.

Comment

Your bow should be fine.

Comment

But definitely strap it down!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

got a black case, and I've run around in the summer heat! and aint had on issue so far. Keep my bow back there at all times!

Comment

My bow stays in the bed of my truck pretty much at all times..never know when you may need it...its in the case and I have a black retractable bed cover and I've never had a problem

Comment

Just make sure you don't leave it back there when you get to your destination

Comment

i have nver ahd any trouble with mine in the bed... i always feel more comfortable with it riding in the cab tho.

Comment

As much as I paid for the SKB, it better protect my bow....I havent had any issues.

Comment

Just be careful if you make any stops along the way - a bow case can be easy for someone to swipe out of the bed of a truck. Found that out that hard way several years ago when making a restroom stop!

Comment

Working...
                              X