Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    Anybody used a meal replacement powder/ Sometimes I'm busy or don't have a good option for breakfast or lunch.

I've been using the primal kitchen meal replacement powder.....just seeing if there is any other keto friendly options.

I don't test my ketosis very ofter, so not sure if it's throwing me out.

Fast. Try to eat from 12-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Well guys, I convinced my wife to let me go back Keto. She had kicked me off of it about a year ago due to shopping, cooking, and meal prepping two separate diets. But, over the last year off Keto my weight crept up 12lbs, my cholesterol went up, my sugar crashes returned, and my energy levels dropped. She finally said enough is enough and I’m starting back up on the 1st. I’m so dang excited!

I think I’m going to kick it off with a 24 hour fast to jump start the ketosis.
      Man, I can’t believe the legs this thread has had since I started it. Lots of people have lost lots of weight on here!

Last edited by IkemanTX; 06-26-2018, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
        Well guys, I convinced my wife to let me go back Keto. She had kicked me off of it about a year ago due to shopping, cooking, and meal prepping two separate diets. But, over the last year off Keto my weight crept up 12lbs, my cholesterol went up, my sugar crashes returned, and my energy levels dropped. She finally said enough is enough and I’m starting back up on the 1st. I’m so dang excited!

I think I’m going to kick it off with a 24 hour fast to jump start the ketosis.
        Man, I can’t believe the legs this thread has had since I started it. Lots of people have lost lots of weight on here!

Congrats on starting back up! It's amazing how much a few pounds will mess with your health.

I am getting off Ketos for a few months but will be exercising a lot in an effort to maintain weight in check. At this point, I can't see how going on an extended trek onto the mountains and maintaining Keto would be feasible. Therefore, I am back to what used to be my regular diet less bread and or tortillas.

Comment

Congrats on starting back up Ikeman. I think it is crazy how many posts there are on this thread and have been blown away by how many people are keto.
          My wife wanted to start keto for about a month before I gave in. I was super reluctant because I crave carbs big time. We started just shy of 2 months ago and I’m down 20 lbs. Didn’t have a ton of weight to lose to begin with (I’m 6’5” and was at 225) and am mostly just wanting to get rid of belly fat. The hardest things have been not drinking sweet tea, gatorade/Powerade, and a Father’s Day dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I’ve been strict about sticking to it. We take magnesium supplements and drink Sole. One thing that I’m curious about it I’ve got to be in Ketosis (ordered Keto Mojo meter to make sure) but have not seen an increase in energy at all. If anything, I’ve seen a decline. I can say that I was drinking a lot of energy drinks before though. Does anyone have an idea what’s up with the energy factor?

Comment

I’m traveling, which is hard on this diet, and in day 3 of trying to follow Dr Berry’s advice on no sweet flavors. Fasted 20 hours yesterday with nothing but water and black coffee. Ran 3 this morning after a solid keto coffee with no sweetener. I’m not hungry at all now 3 hours later. Hoping I can train my brain to not want the sweet flavor and drop the diet Dr Pepper, quest bars and such.

Comment

These are allsome as long as you have will-power. A couple of them in the morning with my coffee occasionally cures my sweet tremors! They are very filling.

Soft and moist on the inside, but a hard and crunchy shell on the outside. A perfect combination between the two, with added chocolate as a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by dezigirl78 View Post
                My calculated macros say to stay under 20 net carbs, but I've been more like 10 or less. I don't really watch my calories. When I hit my macros, my calories are right at 1400 each day and so I figure that must be a good number. I don't know what else to do to get the fat in besides just waiting to get to a place with food. We will be off road for 10 days, starting at 4 corners and ending in Wyoming. So... food won't always be readily available. This is where the quest bars come in, even though its not high in fat, it helps.
                one quest bar has 7 net carbs not counting the sugar alcohol. I'd limit them to one a day so your bulk needs to come from somewhere else.

Comment

These too!
                  Sweet, buttery low carb cream cheese cookies are one of the best keto cookies recipes! They're fast, easy, and need just 6 ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                    one quest bar has 7 net carbs not counting the sugar alcohol. I'd limit them to one a day so your bulk needs to come from somewhere else.
                    Oh for sure!! They are more of an emergency backup in case I'm starving and we are hours from food. I think I can pull this vacation off and stick to the plan. I haven't found it very difficult to eat at restaurants.

Comment

Just FYI for ya'll, sugar alcohol still needs to count toward your total carb. Divide the number by 2 and add it to your total.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                        Just FYI for ya'll, sugar alcohol still needs to count toward your total carb. Divide the number by 2 and add it to your total.
                        my understanding is you can deduct up to 5. Anything over counts

Comment

Reduced my insulin down another 5 units. That's 15 units down since I started the "low carb" life style. Momma has lost 20lbs and I've lost 17...happy but wanting more and less insulin...getting there slowly but surly.

Comment

I'm down 15 lbs in almost 3 weeks. I'm pretty happy with the results so far. I definitely have more energy and I'm finding it pretty easy to stay away from the carbs and sugars.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
                              Congrats on starting back up Ikeman. I think it is crazy how many posts there are on this thread and have been blown away by how many people are keto.
                              My wife wanted to start keto for about a month before I gave in. I was super reluctant because I crave carbs big time. We started just shy of 2 months ago and I’m down 20 lbs. Didn’t have a ton of weight to lose to begin with (I’m 6’5” and was at 225) and am mostly just wanting to get rid of belly fat. The hardest things have been not drinking sweet tea, gatorade/Powerade, and a Father’s Day dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I’ve been strict about sticking to it. We take magnesium supplements and drink Sole. One thing that I’m curious about it I’ve got to be in Ketosis (ordered Keto Mojo meter to make sure) but have not seen an increase in energy at all. If anything, I’ve seen a decline. I can say that I was drinking a lot of energy drinks before though. Does anyone have an idea what’s up with the energy factor?

What time of day are you feeling most sluggish? Have you tried drinking the Gatorade zero for the electrolytes and/or adding pink salt to your water/coffee? I’ve been doing heavy lifting all week while intermittent fasting with Keto and doing fine. Today however I went for a high intensity workout and about 3/4 of the way through I had to stop and eat a cookie to get fuel in me because I was ready to pass out. With working out on a Keto diet, if that’s where your problem is, being 6’5 (like myself) try eating a piece of candy before a workout. Sour patch straw or something with basically just sugar. A small dose will give you enough energy to actually burn through a workout much smoother. I’ve got to the point where a small dose of sugar before a workout is replacing my preworkout.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                                What time of day are you feeling most sluggish? Have you tried drinking the Gatorade zero for the electrolytes and/or adding pink salt to your water/coffee? I’ve been doing heavy lifting all week while intermittent fasting with Keto and doing fine. Today however I went for a high intensity workout and about 3/4 of the way through I had to stop and eat a cookie to get fuel in me because I was ready to pass out. With working out on a Keto diet, if that’s where your problem is, being 6’5 (like myself) try eating a piece of candy before a workout. Sour patch straw or something with basically just sugar. A small dose will give you enough energy to actually burn through a workout much smoother. I’ve got to the point where a small dose of sugar before a workout is replacing my preworkout.

Thanks for the reply man, I was thinking I wouldn’t get one. I have drank the Powerade Zero when out on the water or out in the sun all day. We have been drinking Sole (Pink salt and water) every day. Mostly, I get sluggish about mid day. I haven’t been eating any cookies or sugar (no carbs, other than carbs in meat and veggies, and no sugar)

Comment

Working...
                                X