Turbo Nocks - Anybody try them yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo Nocks - Anybody try them yet?

I saw this online and thought it was interesting. Does anyone on here have any experience with them?

Let's hear it...

I know Fuzzy Dog was using them for a while. Maybe he will chime in about his experience with them.

Bisch

Comment

I've used them, and they work great.

You have to tune for them, because they definitely shoot different than standard nocks. They make your arrows act/shoot stiffer.

They are kinda tough on your serving, but if you keep the serving lubricated a bit it cuts way down on the wear.

I would still be using them, but I can't get fletch clearance with them. They turn a full 90 degrees before the fletching gets to the shelf, so there's no way to orient the fletching to get it to clear. With feathers no problem, but with vanes it's no good.

Rick

Comment

Thanks Bisch. They seem interesting. My arrows are tuned great now but I like to tinker. Just wondering if they are worth tinkering with.

Comment

I don't see an upside that would be of much use to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Restless View Post
            I don't see an upside that would be of much use to me.
            The upside is that it starts to spin sooner and faster to give you a more stabile arrow in a shorter distance. It is also supposed to give you better pass throughs. (I am not sure if that is compared to a tuned arrow or not. A tuned arrow will go deeper than an arrow that is not tuned or has the wrong spine.)

I think I may try some next time I order more shafts. Just curious how much it would benefit a longbow.

Comment

"of much use to me"

Comment

Originally posted by gettin closer View Post
                I think I may try some next time I order more shafts. Just curious how much it would benefit a longbow.
                If you get the tuning down, they will benefit any bow.

Shooting in the wind they make a huge difference.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                X