East Texas Timber Lease Increases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Texas Timber Lease Increases

How many of you East Texas folks with East Texas timber leases got notified your lease is going up? A buddy at work told me Wednesday his north Jasper county lease went up then the next day I found out my south Jasper county lease went up $4000! To offset the cost we’re adding 1 more
    Member and paying an extra $50. Now our dues are $850. I always said if they ever get to $1000 I’m done but may not make it that far. One more increase and I think I’m done. That’s just too much money for a SETX lease.

Originally posted by marshman View Post
    How many of you East Texas folks with East Texas timber leases got notified your lease is going up? A buddy at work told me Wednesday his north Jasper county lease went up then the next day I found out my south Jasper county lease went up $4000! To offset the cost we’re adding 1 more
    Member and paying an extra $50. Now our dues are $850. I always said if they ever get to $1000 I’m done but may not make it that far. One more increase and I think I’m done. That’s just too much money for a SETX lease.
    Well, I guess you could just buy the land and forgo leasing it?

Comment

Mine went up, but only twenty-five to fifty cents per acre. You must have lots of acres to go up $4000.

Comment

What timber company?

Comment

$850 dues. That is dirt cheap.

Comment

East Texas lease

John Hancock went up also

Comment

Ours is supposed to go up this year also. We are with Crown Timber, out of Burkeville. The contracts are renewed every three years with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                Mine went up, but only twenty-five to fifty cents per acre. You must have lots of acres to go up $4000.
                About 3000 acres

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  ^^This.

That's what we each pay a year in feed alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                    Maybe but considering the roads are always terrible and the campsite is not assesible most of the year it’s not that good of a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                      If you are paying 850, that is cheap.

Comment

Ours stayed the same in Hillister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine went up .25 cents per acre. About $140 total for 563 acres.

Comment

I have a friend that has a lease in Kountze that’s owned by Crown and theirs went up also.

Comment

Ours went up $1.00 an acre. They went up more than that last year. They are about to price us out because the Sabine River had a large portion of ours flooded most of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X