LBJ Grassland 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
    So, the way I read it is I can only shoot unbranched bucks in the late season even if I haven't killed a 13" or wider buck this season. The youth only doesn't specify what they can take...so can my 11 yo take either/or?
    When the LEO out there replied to me he said youth hunters can take does or bucks. If you'd like pm me your email address and I can forward you our conversation.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

PM sent ! Thanks Rich 1201

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where can I find a map of the hunting zones for LBJ?

Comment

Originally posted by FDPBrooks View Post

Google search usually pulls up some decent images where people have scanned the map and posted it on the web.

Comment

Comment

So everything in green in hunt able?

Comment

LBJ Grassland 2017

Correct. You can get a physical copy at the office.

Comment

Yes, except Unit 47 around Black Creek Lake.

Comment

Thanks Froggy, looks like I have some scouting todo!

Comment

Found blinds

In he last week of hunting, have found 2 pop up blinds, one on unit 41, one on unit 60. Looked in the one on 41, full of cigarette buts, must have been there for a while. Did not have a chance to report them, office closed by the time I quit hunting.

Comment

LBJ Grassland 2017

Originally posted by snubnose57 View Post
                        In he last week of hunting, have found 2 pop up blinds, one on unit 41, one on unit 60. Looked in the one on 41, full of cigarette buts, must have been there for a while. Did not have a chance to report them, office closed by the time I quit hunting.

I have found 2 ladder stands on 41. Where was the pop up near? I hunt 41. No it's not mine

Comment

As you get close to Hopewell cemetary, there is a main parking place where you enter through a wooden gate, walk all the way down and it is on the left. I would take them down myself, but to me it would be stealing, and I have no use for one anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by snubnose57 View Post
                            As you get close to Hopewell cemetary, there is a main parking place where you enter through a wooden gate, walk all the way down and it is on the left. I would take them down myself, but to me it would be stealing, and I have no use for one anyway...

I was just more curious than anything. I have been hunting 41 for the past 3 weeks

Comment

Set up a new spot...trail cam pics confirmed presumed activity. No shooters, dang it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I'm a newbie to deer hunting. All I have to hunt is the Grasslands. I have a question that is a super wet behind the ears question. Before I ask the question I'll say I have done my research and have done my scouting. I understand the respect to be paid to other hunters on public land and all of the rules and regulations. I believe I have most of that covered, at least I hope so and feel anything else I haven't known to cover I can chalk up to experience in a positive light.

When is it appropriate during a hunt to take a coyote and if and when you do, what do you need to do with it? What should you do with it?

Yes I know you can take them but I have found a kind of blank spot of info on when you should decide to shoot one and what is custom to do with it afterward.
                                Last edited by cloud8a; 12-12-2017, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X