• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah very nice. Spikes only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
      I emailed the LEO out there and he replied. Apparently spikes are legal from Jan 8th through the 21st.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
      hopefully they dont shed there antlers lol.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
        Ah very nice. Spikes only?

That's what I got from his response.

Comment

Originally posted by quickstrike View Post
          hopefully they dont shed there antlers lol.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
          Hopefully not lol.

Comment

True spikes(not unbranded on one side) are the only legal game during the special late season. So three pointers and does are off the menu. Surprisingly enough there is very little pressure during that time, and quite a lot of branched antlered buck roaming around.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
              True spikes(not unbranded on one side) are the only legal game during the special late season. So three pointers and does are off the menu. Surprisingly enough there is very little pressure during that time, and quite a lot of branched antlered buck roaming around.
              The TPWD website specifically says unbranched antlered bucks. Then goes on to define this as ”any buck with with an antler having no more than one point”. I read that as fork horn on one side and spike on the other is legal. Are you sure when you say TRUE spike? Not trying to argue just want to make sure I'm doing everything by the book. Thanks!

Comment

I'm heading up. Is anybody else around this afternoon or evening?

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
                  I'm heading up. Is anybody else around this afternoon or evening?

Tried doing a mid day today, since there’s a decent buck that beds the same spot every southwest wind. But, Christmas and my son’s birthday prep got in the way.

Wife caught me on the way out toe door. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
                    The TPWD website specifically says unbranched antlered bucks. Then goes on to define this as ”any buck with with an antler having no more than one point”. I read that as fork horn on one side and spike on the other is legal. Are you sure when you say TRUE spike? Not trying to argue just want to make sure I'm doing everything by the book. Thanks!

I read it as "unbranched antler buck." If one side is forked, then it's not an unbranched antler buck. I believe bowhuntntexn has it right.

Edit to say I just reread it and now I'm uncertain. It does say "For seasons listed below......" which says AT LEAST ONE UNBRANCHED ANTLER. No wonder people get confused on game laws. Could be by design, I don't know.
                    Last edited by Ironman; 12-08-2017, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      I read it as "unbranched antler buck." If one side is forked, then it's not an unbranched antler buck. I believe bowhuntntexn has it right.

Edit to say I just reread it and now I'm uncertain. It does say "For seasons listed below......" which says AT LEAST ONE UNBRANCHED ANTLER. No wonder people get confused on game laws. Could be by design, I don't know.
                      Yes I do believe that if you were getting technical the way it currently reads then as long as one side has no more than 1 point you're good. But if that was not the intention then I don't want to go out there and play naive either. I may email the LEO again for further clarification.

Comment

As per the federal game warden, spikes only. No branched antler allowed. Just because a buck with one branched and one unbramched antler is legal for Wise county AR restrictions, they are not legal for the LBJ special late season.

I sure would hate for you to get in a bind by shooting the wrong deer out there.

Comment

As per the federal game warden, spikes only. No branched antler allowed. Just because a buck with one branched and one unbramched antler is legal for Wise county AR restrictions, they are not legal for the LBJ special late season.

I sure would hate for you to get in a bind by shooting the wrong deer out there.
                          As would I. Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Special Late Jan. 8 - 21, 2018

Special Late Season: During the Special Late Season, harvest is restricted to antlerless deer and unbranched antlered bucks. An unbranched antlered buck is any buck deer with an antler having no more than one point

Comment

So, the way I read it is I can only shoot unbranched bucks in the late season even if I haven't killed a 13" or wider buck this season. The youth only doesn't specify what they can take...so can my 11 yo take either/or?

Comment

Working...
                                X