This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Travels Of The Bow Sacagawea

Good luck with her Ken! When I had her a couple months ago, I used the same arrow I do off my regular Blueridge, which is 50#@ my 29" DL. It was a bit stiff but did the job on a nice pig!

Bisch

Comment

She's on her way to CRM 95. Delivery date is estimated Thursday. Didn't get to hunt because I've worked almost every weekend. Sweet shootin little bow. Good luck with her Ryan!

Comment

Thanks!! I'll be watching for her!!

Comment

Good luck with her, Ryan! Can't wait to hear of your exploits together!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sacajawea is here!! I'll update soon....for now I gotta shoot her!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the update! I get this worry in the back of my mind every time I send something. It's there till I know it made it.

Comment

Glad it got there before your shift.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

No worries Ken!! She made it fine!! Well, a little about me. My name is Ryan Martin and I work here at the local Sheriff's Office in my hometown. I've been a hunter all my life, literally as long as I can remember. I was fortunate that I grew up in the country, with a hunting family, and I don't really ever remember hunting and fishing not being a part of my life. I'm relatively new to traditional archery. When I first joined TBH, I found the trad forum right away and was always very impressed with the trad harvest threads, and in the back of my mind I knew I wanted to try it. But I never really took it seriously I guess, because it looked hard to the point that it was somewhat intimidating.

In 2014, I was at First Point in Uvalde. There was an older guy there named Tom, and I can't for the life of me remember his last name. He was shooting a longbow, and I remember thinking that it was so cool...I really started getting interested, he answered a lot of questions I had, said he'd help me find a bow and get started, and gave me his number, which I of course lost.

But I guess the spark was started there, and it rocked on and I started cruising the trad forum here even more. Then one day on FB I saw a Clay Hayes video, I think maybe Untamed, and it was a done deal then. I posted on here asking questions about getting started, and in December 2015 I bought a Samick Sage. From the first wobbly, horribly placed 5 yard arrow I shot out of that bow I was hooked. It's taken off since then.

I started asking questions, bothering Bisch, Ben, Scott, Jeff, Buff, Rusty, Corey, Rick and probably a few more I missed non stop trying to figure out what I was doing. I finally started getting it all together, got a couple more bows, managed to kill a few critters, and now it's pretty much all I think about. It's been so cool learning about trad up to this point, and I know I'll never stop learning, but I look forward to shooting my bow every day. I've made a ton of new friends through trad, and everybody has helped me so much that I really can't ever begin to pay them back. I've yet to meet a trad hunter that wasn't willing to help, give advice, and try to steer me in the right direction.

With all that said, I got Sacajawea strung up and started shooting almost right away. The same arrows I shoot in my other long bow are flying good, and I'm already shooting some pretty good groups!! I'm looking forward to the next few weeks I'll have her, and we'll try to keep you guys entertained!! I feel honored to be a part of this, and appreciate the chance!!

Comment

Comment

Nice write up my friend... I say friend and we have never met in person. You ask good questions and understand shooting. I knew you'd be stacking up critters like cord wood sooner than later.

This little bow has brought many good people together. Thanks again to everybody that has started this thread and those who have contributed.

Comment

Sharp writeup Ryan.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice writeup.

Comment

Great writeup Ryan! And, as I told ya on the phone... Good Shootin!! As far as my name being mentioned as "someone who helped"... Bout the only thing I may have done is tell ya ALL the ways I mess up, so you can put those on your list of "things NOT to do"! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Ever since going to Chester with me my son has been shooting trad also...he has an old Shakespeare recurve and he's coming along pretty good. Since Sacajawea is ambidextrous he came over and shot a little with me today and he was able to shoot her pretty good as well.

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X