Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes a $5 better than a $555...zero is the answer
    A $5 stock is more likely to double in price than a $555 stock

I've bought pioneer energy services, Conn's, and a few years ago Arch Coal. The coal stock went up 700% and then they filed bankruptcy, but I bought and sold and did great. Conn's is a stock that really rises and drops, I think I bought it when it was around $7

Comment

hmmmm

Comment

I agree with using Robin hood. They collect interest on your unused balance, so I just don't keep a balance on the app. I'm not planning on making any big purchases so don't need money available right away. Free trades, and I'm pretty sure unlimited trades.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Learn to read financial reports like a company's 10-K. Learn cash flows, financial statements, and balance sheets and how they're analyzed to valuate a company.

And ditto on RobinHood. You'll never make money at $9 a trade if you're not investing much.

Comment

One word.........CRYPTO.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
              What makes a $5 stock better than a $55, $555 or $5,555 stock?
              Volatility.

Comment

Robinhood is great. And I like LC (Lending Club) as both a stock and an investment platform on it's own. I have a slow drip going every time I get paid, Lending Club get's $25 for me to buy "Notes". I like the company, believe in it, and have been "loaning people money" for quite a while on Lending Club.

That being said. Stock is around $4.15 right now, has been as low as $3.51 and as high as $26 a share. I see it being a $10 stock but someone needs to buy the company (such as chase, B of A, etc) or the company needs to show strong growth. I think growth could really ramp up the next 6 months. The company has made a lot of good strategic moves. I like them.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                  Volatility.
                  So true.

Comment

I've used Robinhood for about 6 months now and I love it. I follow Zack's trades online and have managed to do pretty good for myself for someone with no experience trading. Who do you guys follow for trade advice? OP if you get on zacks.com you can sign up and see the #1 trades recommended by them under $10 and many more. I think its a good place to start.

Comment

That's very stock specific. Too stock specific to be gospel.
                      [QUOTE=Catarina;13112212]A $5 stock is more likely to double in price than a $555 stock

I've bought pioneer energy services, Conn's, and a few years ago Arch Coal. The coal stock went up 700% and then they filed bankruptcy, but I bought and sold and did great. Conn's is a stock that really rises and drops, I think I bought it when it was around $7[/QUOTE

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                        Volatility.
                        Any research that backs this up?

Comment

Here is a prime example of a company/people who were shysters and a very good reason why people who buy penny stacks should research the companies they buy to make sure they are profitable before buying. Otherwise, you are gambling, not investing. There are beaucoup (boo-koo ) other companies like this in the penny stock market. In fact, the vast majority of penny stock companies are already bankrupt and walking dead with little to no revenues and a negative net worth (essentially bankrupt). Just a word of advice: check out any companies' fundamentals before buying a stock. Who would want to invest in a company with little to no revenues and is losing money? There are exceptions to the rule. Gambling on these companies is a different matter, and certainly some people do make money playing in this market.

Comment

My 2 cents, but investing in what you think are solid companies is the way to go. I would also look for information/recommendations that back you up, as in stocks that others recommend. I started playing around with a TD Ameritrade account about 18 months ago, my timing was pretty good. The TD Ameritrade has some pretty good educational and research. I don't know how this compares to other stuff out there, because I never looked. At first I made more trades, but once I settled on some good companies I sort of stopped "trading". I am just playing around with it, but I have invested real money. (not my retirement money per SE). I figure if the stocks I have purchased become worthless we are all in big trouble. (AABA, AAPL, CSCO, EMR, FB, MCD, NOK, ORLC, PG, TGT, VZ, WMT, XOM).

The market is bound to drop, but that is impossible to predict. Plus if you sell you have to also consider the tax implications.

Comment

I purchased a load of a cheap stock. It was down on its luck and trading at sub $2.

Goes by the symbol F. Take a look. Trading now at about $11.

Not every cheap stock is a waste of money.

Comment

If your making money,got to pay the tax man, just like regular income

Comment

Working...
                                X