No announcement yet.

LIVE from Laguna Atascosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great bulls, and it's a pretty full board on this hunt. Good job guys.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
      That is an awesome looking bull, so much scaring on him!! Way to go guys!

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk
      I'm not young enough to move that, mine almost killed me.

Comment

Congrats to you guys. Looks like a lot of fun!!!

Comment

Heck yea. Congrats. Did you make it to unit 3 any

Comment

I can tell you brother, I hunted on the kenedy pastures for close to 5 years. We smacked on average 10-15 bulls a year hunting out of rigged out jeeps, and it was mucho work in the field messing those boys, you got my respect on your hunt! Congrats! They are hard to hunt but worth the challenge! Great bulls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
              Heck yea. Congrats. Did you make it to unit 3 any

We hunted exclusively in 3. Most of the animals came out of 5 and 8, but that is where most of the hunters were. The volunteers and tick guys said that few people hunt in 3 because it is too far and so open. I don’t play well with others so we went to 3 and never saw another hunter.

Comment

Headed out, success for a lot of hunters. One guy with some type of special permit that let him use a 4wheeler killed 5 nilgai as of yesterday. Lots of work, great adventure going after these animals. By permit time next year I may want to torture myself again.

Comment

Awesome. Story and hunt of a life time. Congrats

Comment

Awesome job guys. I am a newbie and were are headed down for the Jan 5-7 hunt. Can't wait.

Comment

Well done fellas!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
                          We hunted exclusively in 3. Most of the animals came out of 5 and 8, but that is where most of the hunters were. The volunteers and tick guys said that few people hunt in 3 because it is too far and so open. I don’t play well with others so we went to 3 and never saw another hunter.

I hunted 3 all but one afternoon during the first Archery hunt. Saw a ton of animals but couldn’t get it done with the bow. The wide openness is hard to conquer. I saw maybe 3 other hunters but they were off in the distance.

Comment

We saw some signs that others had been back there on previous hunts, but never saw anyone while we were hunting. I found a bottle of wind powder and a wad of camo net. There were also some old bike tire tracks through the salt flats.

It was 5.2 miles from the truck to the spot I shot my bull. I agree, the distance and openness of the area will prevent the majority of hunters from going to the area. The layout made for long rifle shots.

Knowing what we know now I think we could bowhunt the area, but it would still take a significant amount of luck to have the nilgai walk within range. You would also need a north wind.

With the exception of Texas draw hunts I exclusively bowhunt. With that said, this hunt and the Devil’s River aoudad hunt I drew last year were fun with a rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
                              We saw some signs that others had been back there on previous hunts, but never saw anyone while we were hunting. I found a bottle of wind powder and a wad of camo net. There were also some old bike tire tracks through the salt flats.

It was 5.2 miles from the truck to the spot I shot my bull. I agree, the distance and openness of the area will prevent the majority of hunters from going to the area. The layout made for long rifle shots.

Knowing what we know now I think we could bowhunt the area, but it would still take a significant amount of luck to have the nilgai walk within range. You would also need a north wind.

With the exception of Texas draw hunts I exclusively bowhunt. With that said, this hunt and the Devil’s River aoudad hunt I drew last year were fun with a rifle.

Yea I was over 5 miles back in there. Was a trek but it was fun and I learned a lot about hunting. Hope to get drawn next year

Comment

Working...
                              X