RCBS Chargemaster Accuracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCBS Chargemaster Accuracy?

How accurate is the Chargemaster? Using my current powder measure is tedious due to a lack of consistent charges. Is the Chargemaster really +/- .1gr as advertised?

It can be close to that depending on powder. But also it's electric so can have variance there to. I'd say though .1-.2 is about right. I powder drop plinking loads and powder drop and trickle by hand for accuracy loads. Powder dropping ball powder you'll be within the same .1-.2 as the trickler. Stick powder is a bit more tough

Comment

Mine is dead on. But only if you use the right power adaptor. It comes with 2 and they are different......so mark them.

Comment

I have always been right on the money checking weights between 30-70 grains and double checking on 505 scale. I also have a 50 grain check weight that I periodically drop in the pan to make sure it doesn't drift. One of the best ways to make sure is looking at standard deviation on the chronograph. I have several 10 shot strings with low single digit SD by using the Chargemaster.

Comment

Mine is dead on with my beam scale. There has been a couple powders that it would overthrow by .1 grains. On those I enter a smaller amount and trickle the rest of the powder. Also, I found an article online somewhere where people were putting a mcdonalds straw in the tube with the end cut like saw teeth. This honestly pretty much eliminated any errors I was having.

Comment

Mine is about +/- .15gr. It's not as accurate as my buddy's Lyman Gen 6. That's after RCBS sent me a new one. I double check every load on my Gempro 250 to keep SD/ES low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I currently have a chargemaster, but I know it could be more accurate. Have been looking at something like this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ6RuUxugiw"]AutoThrow Upgrade for AutoTrickler V2! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

It will depend on the powder type as others have said. On long granular powders I set mine to throw on the light side then trickle to the exact weight. You can also tweak the internal setting to give you better accuracy and speed if needed.

Comment

I have one new in box in the classifieds if interested

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
                    I have one new in box in the classifieds if interested

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    That's what led me to ask this question and I didn't want to hijack your thread.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                      I currently have a chargemaster, but I know it could be more accurate. Have been looking at something like this:

AutoThrow Upgrade for AutoTrickler V2! - YouTube

I did NOT need to see that. DARN you for posting it!!! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The new charge master light has been accurate to within .1-.2 each time I have tested with another scale. I've loaded about 100 rounds with it tested about every 10-15. It dumps until it gets close and the auto trickles. It is a little slow when it is trying to drop the last .1 or .2 grains. Overall I'm pleased with it easy to use and much cheaper than the chargemaster.

Comment

Working...
                        X