Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
    Typical contractor.....Fast start then disappears
    Rain, rain and more rain! I ain't complaining.

Took advantage today and got most of the felt on roof done and framing porch.
    Attached Files

Comment

How did or do you keep your 4X4's straight? Mine always warp...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
        How did or do you keep your 4X4's straight? Mine always warp...
        I use 4x6 post. They still twist sometimes even if you install a bracket at the base.

Comment

You may have said but what type of roof ? Tin or composition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

R-Panel roof and believe they decided on siding the same.

Galvalume roof color and siding will be tan with black trim

Comment

Where are you getting the R-panel? Will you install it yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                Where are you getting the R-panel? Will you install it yourself?
                Yes I will install myself.

I normally buy from Barry's Metal in Jacksonville or Metal Mart in Athens. Compare pricing and go from there. Will also call Mueller Metal but my guess is Barry's.

Comment

3/4 of the porch is done. I didn't take pics yesterday evening. Measure for metal this evening and order tomorrow. Hopefully get metal by next wknd or early next week.

Comment

So, you have about 10 days left to complete this, bc bow season is starting.

Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by Cullbuck View Post
                      [emoji23][emoji23] that’s funny

Seriously though I’m missing the updates.

Pics and budget updates.

This has been AWESOME to follow along

Wonder if he'll let us tag along for the interior finish out for bathroom and kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                        Pics and budget updates.

This has been AWESOME to follow along

Wonder if he'll let us tag along for the interior finish out for bathroom and kitchen
                        Rain has really slowed me down and deer season fast approaching!

Also took a new ranch managing job 2 months ago. I now manage 2 ranches 70+ hrs a week, work on house 2 hrs a day, and chandeliers 2-3 hrs a night. Busy busy busy.

Total cost so far once porch is framed and steps up will be $15,130. Little more than planned but still doing good.

I will update all the way until the end inside and out! Will take a pic shortly of what has been framed on the porch. Trying to complete it before the wknd rain coming.

Comment

Some will say it's a cheap way and wrong way to frame this porch. Not how I would do the transition if it were my own however this one is what it is. There will be a 3" drop at the transition. Not terrible by any means but I personally like a smooth transition. This way will work and should actually look pretty good.

I still have to go around and put 2x6 joist all around but post joist are up. Tops of post will also be cut. Overhang will only be the metal which again is a budget decision and will serve it's purpose. Corner joist will be fun as well figuring them out. FIL has been my extra hand on this and what little time we have we were able to knock out a lot on Saturday. Tomorrow evening get a little more done and hopefully Friday evening finish framing before rain hits.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Still looking good Jason! I'm glad to have the rain that's been holding you up![emoji39]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Still following. Love a good build!

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                                Still looking good Jason! I'm glad to have the rain that's been holding you up![emoji39]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                                Me too!!!! More coming and I will take it. I wanted to be done by deer season but that didn't happen. Lol... Once outside is complete I can knock the inside out at night pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X