No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have our first batting practice tonight with the new team he is on. So it begins.

Comment

Looks like we got a hook up on a condo. Team will be about 10 mins away. We will be in Gulf Shores from June 16-24.

Really wishing we had an indoor facility that was not just cages to begin the season. Fielding/Outfield could get dicey in the first few games.

Comment

I enjoy reading all these posts and thankful that my boys are now in High School ball, lol. We have been all over the place and they've been places we haven't travelled to, just sent them on as a fill in. All good times, at least most of them, lol.

For those doing the Gulf Shores deal, it's a good time and I like the format of separating the teams into brackets after pool play as there are some super stud teams in those events. Beware of the gate fees, lol. We had a few folks that were not prepared for the $50-$100 park passes for the week and it rubbed them the wrong way. But that's how they make their money.

If you're in it for the long haul, go ahead and invest in that wagon, lol, and get a tent, and those sweet chairs with the shocks that rock. It's all about the kids anyway, you might as well be comfortable, lol.

One more piece of advice, and this comes from me as a parent, coach and past VP of our local Pony organization. If there ever is a time that you need to confront a coach regarding your player(child), wait 24 hours after the occurrence. I have found that cooler heads will prevail and it will be better for all involved.

Good Luck to all the kids and teams, looking forward to some great photos and stories this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
          We did gulf shores last year with my 11 yo. Cool place, but we were there during a storm and the beach was closed until the last day. Lol. We played in gulf shores and Foley. If you do go be sure you get pins made for the team if you can. The boys exchanged pins with other teams and that was pretty neat watching them all interact. This year is Cooperstown. Not sure what to expect there, but it should be a great time. I'll have a 9yo playing for batters Box in Brenham and a 12 year old playing for Primetime baseball in Katy this spring. Let the spring chaos begin and good luck to all of the little ballers!
          We are heading to Cooperstown as well July 20th and can't wait. We played 4 scrimmage games last weekend at Rothwood and the team looked good.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
            Looks like we got a hook up on a condo. Team will be about 10 mins away. We will be in Gulf Shores from June 16-24.

Really wishing we had an indoor facility that was not just cages to begin the season. Fielding/Outfield could get dicey in the first few games.
            We'll be there the same time.
            Got our pass packages bought yesterday... wifes making the decision on condo/house today..but looking like phoenix west or something..

Comment

When my kid plays Summer this year Injust checked my schedule. I’ll be able to make 3 of the 7 tourneys. Looks like I can make U of H, BDU, and A&M. Wish he was younger and they played more local. Most events we will drop him off at airport and pick him up when he gets back. I miss the road trip vacation baseball. Keep this thread alive as it’s fun to keep up

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                Got our pass packages bought yesterday... wifes making the decision on condo/house today..but looking like phoenix west or something..
                Make sure you call to book and tell them you’re with USSSA tourney. Also ask for extended stay (week) discount. Seems like we got 20-25% off last year.

Comment

Yessir..we got our discount codes

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    When my kid plays Summer this year Injust checked my schedule. I’ll be able to make 3 of the 7 tourneys. Looks like I can make U of H, BDU, and A&M. Wish he was younger and they played more local. Most events we will drop him off at airport and pick him up when he gets back. I miss the road trip vacation baseball. Keep this thread alive as it’s fun to keep up
                    Man that's tough to hear lol, I hate missing games.

Both of my boys have warm up tourneys on the 17-18th, I have to coach an 8am basketball game for my little one so I will be stuck with him all day that Saturday. Me and my wife will switch for Sunday.

My 10u is playing in a round robin put on by the CCBA A's, they get 3 games Saturday and 2 on Sunday, games are guaranteed either 6 innings or an hour and 50 mins. In theory it sounds much better than a regular tournament where you could be 3 games and done. We will see how it pans out.

Comment

For those in the dallas/fw area that have kids that enjoy baseball.. i have 4 home plate tickets (sec113 row 9) for the entire frisco baseball classic with aggies, baylor, cal, and la tech on the march 2-4 at Dr Pepper ball park.
                      Includes a parking pass.
                      Tons to do with a fan zone, bbq, etc..
                      Tickets are good for ALL GAMES.
                      Selling them for what i paid..$340.
                      we cant go due to a qualifier tourney.
                      Pm me

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        Awesome - Team is staying in Surfside Shores. I think we are actually closer to the festivities being in Orange Beach.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          Man that's tough to hear lol, I hate missing games.

Both of my boys have warm up tourneys on the 17-18th, I have to coach an 8am basketball game for my little one so I will be stuck with him all day that Saturday. Me and my wife will switch for Sunday.

My 10u is playing in a round robin put on by the CCBA A's, they get 3 games Saturday and 2 on Sunday, games are guaranteed either 6 innings or an hour and 50 mins. In theory it sounds much better than a regular tournament where you could be 3 games and done. We will see how it pans out.
                          Have to agree - I already dread missing stuff when he's 10 due to making the rounds to see the Girls do their thing, lol.

Where is that round robin at? If you dont mind me asking.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            Have to agree - I already dread missing stuff when he's 10 due to making the rounds to see the Girls do their thing, lol.

Where is that round robin at? If you dont mind me asking.
                            It's at the Kimble Carter complex in Bells, lol, not sure how it ended up out there or what the fields will be like. I don't believe it's sanctioned, just some teams getting together to play. Its labeled a "scrimmage tournament."

Should be some good games, CCBA, Eagles, Texarkana Rangers, a Hitmen team from east Texas and the Louisiana Empire.

Comment

First scrimmage is Wednesday against NTX Eagles AAA - Our roster is thin, but kiddo looks great in the field playing up the middle.

Wish we had 2 more. Would be nice if these sicknesses would go away as well.

Comment

Good luck to you guys, I'm hoping the weather cooperates this weekend.

We have a few sick as well and half of my younger son's basketball team is sick right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X