Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    Do yourself a favor and buy one of the rocking chairs. Best investment I’ve made for baseball
    Got the ones with the shocks..... and I agree.

Comment

Man y’all have some good stuff going on definitely makes me wish we would of started earlier. We are only 10u but there’s a a big difference in the ones who’ve been playing a couple years already and our kids. We are having a blast but you can tell we are way behind when we go to these tournaments. Wish there were as many options on the south side of Houston as it seems there are on the north side. Seems like the only tournaments that make are at BLD right now and that’s pretty expensive just to get some experience.

Comment

Don't know where we are headed just yet for World Series. We have been to Sulphur in 8U won that WS record 10-0, then went to San Marcus 9U won that World Series record 8-1 had a good run. Also been go Gulf Shores 11U that one was a good tournament, but not for us 5-2 and out. Played the Astros Festival last year at BLD it was fun, but we can play their anytime. Hoping for a good year new organization and a few new kids should be fun.

Comment

I believe we are headed to Gulf Shores as well this year. Should be a great time

Comment

We did gulf shores last year with my 11 yo. Cool place, but we were there during a storm and the beach was closed until the last day. Lol. We played in gulf shores and Foley. If you do go be sure you get pins made for the team if you can. The boys exchanged pins with other teams and that was pretty neat watching them all interact. This year is Cooperstown. Not sure what to expect there, but it should be a great time. I'll have a 9yo playing for batters Box in Brenham and a 12 year old playing for Primetime baseball in Katy this spring. Let the spring chaos begin and good luck to all of the little ballers!

Comment

Sounds like a great time to be had ahead. Good luck to all yall.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
                And for all day events, it holds a yeti 65 perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Like it was made for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  Our team has mentioned staying in the same condos - Phoenix or something like that.

Would yall get a house separate if 4 or 5 other Families were staying in the same condos?

I want the house on the beach, and can find them for about the same price as a condo would cost.
                  We stayed at Phoenix V last year. The main plus of condos is easy beach access and the pool. I would much rather have rented a house if there was a pool.

Comment

1st practice for my older one today, coach already said the first few weeks will be a "spring training style" gut check, i'm looking forward to it

Comment

Good Luck

We start next Monday - Have been hitting the cages since last week.

Trying to get the little man to turn the hips and work on straight line instead of the dip.

Comment

Spent the weekend in the cage with mine...at his demand... practiced his hitting, short fly drills, and fielding grounders...
                        Somethings clicked in his batting and he's now making it a game of trying to hit me ...at first it was funny... now im kinda skeered...
                        Tanner Batting Workout 1282018 ballersmoco backyard ballersbackyard ballersbaseballselect baseballyouth baseballtravel baseballBaseball USAScrapyard SportsUS...

Comment

That's greatness - lotta fun

Comment

ha, he hot a couple ropes! love the sound of the black magic, thats what our boys call it....

one of our coaches likes to look tough and not move when they hot one back at the net, last spring he was giving lessons and the ball went through the net and caught him in the eye, he wore some stitches for a while...

Comment

yeh i did that once.. then i was in survival mode and questioning the skills of the guy that built the L-screen...

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                ha, he hot a couple ropes! love the sound of the black magic, thats what our boys call it....

one of our coaches likes to look tough and not move when they hot one back at the net, last spring he was giving lessons and the ball went through the net and caught him in the eye, he wore some stitches for a while...
                                Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                yeh i did that once.. then i was in survival mode and questioning the skills of the guy that built the L-screen...
                                I look like a crack head when I throw BP to my boy! Lol. Crazy how fast the balls come off the bat. He just laughs and shakes his head. He's also good about warning me when my shoulder is sticking out from the net! I'll sure miss these days when they're gone!

Comment

Working...
                                X