Will it be totaled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will it be totaled?

Well I got t-boned yesterday and am waiting on the adjuster. The truck is a 2013 F150 STX Supercab with about 80,000 miles. There is definitely problem with the suspension and axle up front. What are your thoughts?

Air bags go off? If not just from the pictures probably not.

Comment

I'm saying no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably depends on how much damage there is to the frame. My BIL owns a body shop and I have seen some stuff come in there that looked totally trashed to me and it doesnt total. Three weeks later they roll it out and it looks brand spanking new. Looks like you took a pretty good hit, hope you are alright

Anyrate, hard to tell what the adjuster will do/say just from the pic.

Comment

totaled

Comment

If the repairs are 70% or more of the value then they will total it. And the adjuster get's to determine the value of the vehicle and estimate the cost to repair. Looking at the damage to the cab I would guess yes. Even though it can be fixed.

Comment

I say no

Comment

I got t boned a little worse than that and they didn't total. Said had to be over 70% damage.

Comment

Glad you walked away, I'd say totaled as its a 4 year old truck with 80,000 miles.

Comment

I would guess not. Glad you were not hurt..

Comment

I got hit almost identical a few years back. 2012 Ford F-250 crew cab and they totaled it.

Comment

I'd hope they total it if the frame was bent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Doubt that damage comes to 70 percent of the value of the truck. Even if they do declare it totaled, you can just buy it back for the few hundred that will be assigned as "salvage value" and get it fixed. Insurance will deduct the salvage value amount from the total assessed value for the truck and cut you a check. Make sure to act quickly in letting them know if you want to re-purchase it if they "total" it.

If this sounds specific, it's because I just went through it with my older model F150 which was deemed "totaled". They almost had the thing sold at auction before even contacting me as listed owner (son was hit in another city by another driver who had failed to yield). Anyway, I located hood, fender and some other parts and got a local body shop to install -- parts and labor were well under value paid.

I'm a little like Dirks Bentley and "hold on" to that ole 93 model.

Of course, you could always just buy a new truck.

Comment

Nope

Comment

i'm gonna go with no!

Comment

Working...
                              X