No announcement yet.

Why no open carry during bow season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait... All we own are bows. We have no guns. Argument over!

Comment

It's a tarded law. Period.
      I have a CHL and I carry

But I also was doing ALOT of hog hunting during archery only season before I had a CHL

Comment

Originally posted by mathewrrabon View Post
        what if you said you were hunting hogs with a bow and took your pistol along. just because its deer season doesnt mean you fess up to deer hunting.
        If you're hunting with BROADHEADS you can't possess a firearm unless you have your CHL and are carrying a pistol. That's from PAGE 62 of the Outdoor Annual Hunting & Fishing Regulations.

Comment

I just walk with an arrow out in front of me and hope to God no hogs or snake jumps out. Now, if I was still hunting down south and I was worried about our border jumpers, then my life is way more important then a ticket. You are always innocent until proven guilty and im sure if enough hunters all said it was for personal protection, then nuff said!

Comment

i agree dumb law that should be re-written. I think people that hunt near the border should be armed at all times regardless of what your hunting and the means your going about.

Comment

Just man up and walk to your stand and if carrying a pistol makes you feel better, then pack it up when you get to your stand and unload it. Im sure if you hunt down south the Game wardens will understand.

Comment

i agree dumb law that should be re-written. I think people that hunt near the border should be armed at all times regardless of what your hunting and the means your going about.

Comment

Just man up and walk to your stand and if carrying a pistol makes you feel better, then pack it up when you get to your stand and unload it. Im sure if you hunt down south the Game wardens will understand.

Comment

Originally posted by wlfhound27 View Post
                    i dont carry a pistol during either season. that is not the point. a person should have the RIGHT to if he wants to.

a person should not be put in a situation to have to beak the law on his own land and hope he comes across a GW who is understanding.

appears that the government don't trust bowhunters to do the right thing. people who outlaw are going to do it when ever they want not just 30 days in october.

since this effects all bow hunters sounds like something the LSBA needs to address with the folks in charge.....

Comment

wow, looks like a lot of you guys are trying to avoid me!

Comment

Well, I have a CHL but I carried before I had it. The law is stupid and it presumes you guilty. I hunt my own property and CHL or not I will carry, and support a private property owners constitutional rights. The problem I see more than ever these days is a lack of knowledge of the law by the very officers trying to enforce it. Plain and simple a LEO's job is to enforce the letter of the law not interpret it. It is ridiculous when you have to carry a copy of laws with you so you can show the officer in an effort to not be ticketed unjustly.

This issue is just one of many that hold no merit and have been a total waste of tax dollars just so some pompass arse can say "look what I did." This is the sign of a corrupt system that thinks the answer to the problem is to create new laws to generate income for corrupt politicians, judges, and everyone else in line with their hand out.

Comment

Follow the money sonny.

"punish everyone for the ONE that may cheat" NOT

Didn't work in elemetary doesn't make sense as we get older.

I shouldn't have to **** in a jar an pay a tax to protect myself if need be. (must be a Bible toten right winger here).

If Joe game warden hears a gun shot during bow season and comes out of the woods with a deer check him out not me.

Comment

I don't see a problem with it.. If your really worried about snakes or illegals just get a CHL.. If you want to open carry, move to Arizona!

I think it's already a privelage to have an early archery only season, so I'm more than happy to abide by whatever rules they slap on me. As far as archery goes, we probably have less laws/rules than most states. Alot of states you can't even have light up sights.

Also, I feel better going to the forest and knowing that the majority of people packing have CHLs,
                            Last edited by Deers & Beers; 09-22-2012, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Agreed VorTexan.

By the way you gotta love the Swingblade.

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                                I don't see a problem with it.. If your really worried about snakes or illegals just get a CHL.. If you want to open carry, move to Arizona!

I think it's already a privelage to have an early archery only season, so I'm more than happy to abide by whatever rules they slap on me. As far as archery goes, we probably have less laws/rules than most states. Alot of states you can't even have light up sights.
                                CHL cost money, me as a poor man don't have same ability...

oh, no more deer and beer you might break the law.

Comment

Working...
                                X