No announcement yet.

Mathews chill problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could it be possible that the shop you purchased it at is not pressing the bow properly during set/tuning? We use the Xpress for pretty much everything in our shop and have never had a single issue with the new Mathews Bows. Mathews recommends that you back the limbs out 4 turns on all models before pressing. Sounds weird to me for two bow to break like that.

Comment

Originally posted by BOWtechnicianTX View Post
      Could it be possible that the shop you purchased it at is not pressing the bow properly during set/tuning? We use the Xpress for pretty much everything in our shop and have never had a single issue with the new Mathews Bows. Mathews recommends that you back the limbs out 4 turns on all models before pressing. Sounds weird to me for two bow to break like that.
      This..

Comment

Originally posted by BOWtechnicianTX View Post
        I would be highly surprised if it was bc of the bow press. David has been doing this a long time. I figure I just got a bad batch.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
          I would be highly surprised if it was bc of the bow press. David has been doing this a long time. I figure I just got a bad batch.
          Those limbs were cut from the same piece of glass that a hand full of bows were produced from. When your shop called Mathews concerning your bow(s) they asked for their serial#(s).Had there been a batch issue they would know about it by now and would have made the situation right. I'm sure your shop has a great staff of technicians, but 2 bad sets of limbs on two of the same bow model in a row is something I've never seen before, especially with a new Mathews. But you know your shop better than me, so I believe you when you say there good and know there stuff. Not trying to rule out a bad batch but that would be the last thing I would consider.

Comment

Originally posted by tyak View Post
            Only problem with getting a Hoyt or elite...you gotta end up shooting it.

Let mathews make it right.
            How old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by tyak View Post
              Only problem with getting a Hoyt or elite...you gotta end up shooting it.

Let mathews make it right.

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
              That's because you can never resell that bow

Comment

Originally posted by bubinga View Post
                How old are you?
                40 and a half

Comment

You said the first one broke on your first shot? Why didn't the shop just walk over to the rack and hand you another one, then and there? I can tell you, that's what Archery Country in Austin would do.

Honestly, getting 2 bows from the same shop with bad limbs (I don't care what brand) would have me looking at the shop instead of the manufacturer. The odds of this happening from ANY major manufacturer are astronomical! The odds that the shop (or shooter) did something wrong is a lot better.

Whatever bow you get next, I hope you have better luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                    You said the first one broke on your first shot? Why didn't the shop just walk over to the rack and hand you another one, then and there? I can tell you, that's what Archery Country in Austin would do.

Honestly, getting 2 bows from the same shop with bad limbs (I don't care what brand) would have me looking at the shop instead of the manufacturer. The odds of this happening from ANY major manufacturer are astronomical! The odds that the shop (or shooter) did something wrong is a lot better.

I didnt shoot it at the shop.. Took it home. Thats exactly what the shop did.. Gave me a new one..

Im not real sure what you guys think the shop could have done.. They use the correct press and a bow can only go in those new presses one way. Not to mention they have been doing this 30+ years with zero issues.. If pressing a bow causes a limb to crack thats sad..

Comment

JTeLarkin08, we’ve sold our fair share of the Chills this year and have yet to have one come back with any limb problems what so ever. As far as being able to press this bow incorrectly, believe me it can be done. Had a XLR8 come in the shop a couple of weeks ago that had been pressed incorrectly & it was a mess. Both cams had to be replaced and the riser was bent. I’ve also been at other shops, for a shoot and seen another J limb type bow come shooting out of an EZ press like a cork out of a bottle.

Irregardless, sorry to hear about your experience with that bow hopefully you get the situation resolved. I know Mathews has the best customer service in the industry and will make things right. Personally I love my Chill and haven’t had any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Once you go Hoyt, you wont go back.
                        If you say that often enough some people might believe you.

I owned Hoyt BEFORE I owned Mathews. Like the Hoyts, love the Mathews.
                        No limb issues here ever. Screwed up and dry fired a Hoyt once. The string broke and cut my arm in four places but the limbs held. Now I have nice scars to show off.

Comment

Seems many folks just can't believe Mathews can make a mistake. They are no better nor no worse than any other company. I have owned mathews bows for 8 years so i am not bashing them. The big kicker for JT going to elite is that as part or their warrantee if he is on his elk hunt and his bow gets messed up or broke they will overnight him another set up to his specs so he can finish his hunt. If he gets a third chill and it goes down during the hunt he is sol.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post

Originally posted by luckie View Post
                            JTeLarkin08, we’ve sold our fair share of the Chills this year and have yet to have one come back with any limb problems what so ever. As far as being able to press this bow incorrectly, believe me it can be done. Had a XLR8 come in the shop a couple of weeks ago that had been pressed incorrectly & it was a mess. Both cams had to be replaced and the riser was bent. I’ve also been at other shops, for a shoot and seen another J limb type bow come shooting out of an EZ press like a cork out of a bottle.

Irregardless, sorry to hear about your experience with that bow hopefully you get the situation resolved. I know Mathews has the best customer service in the industry and will make things right. Personally I love my Chill and haven’t had any problems.

^^^This right here^^^

Got my Chill set up, but haven't fine tuned it yet. It will be ready soon though. My 3D bows I've probably pressed over a hundred times, fiddling with one thing or another, and never a limb problem.

Very strange indeed.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I just bought the creed last February. I love it!! Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X