Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop eating and drinking so much. Cut out all starches

Comment

I dropped 23lbs in the last 6 weeks and getting bored I'm making sandbags tonight after kid is asleep. Never done it but looks like a good work out. Takes up minimal space and can do it in the backyard

Comment

I follow the CrossFit.com workout schedule... you can modify most of the daily workouts to fit what you have. Its always different to keep things interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
          21-15-9
          squat thrust dumbbell or wall balls
          kettlebell swings
          med ball sit ups
          42-30-18
          double under or singles and multiply by three
          Care to elaborate on the numbers?

That CrossFit body weight workouts looks crazy. Not sure that’s for me. I don’t know how anyone does 100 pull-ups.
          Last edited by Hockley; 05-15-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I’d consider factoring in diet change by cutting carbs. Just start cutting your higher consumption carbs or sugars (sweets, high sugar drinks, potatoes, breads) or go hard core ketogenic with low net carbs each day. I’d consider some of the cardio workouts like P90 or insanity. Maybe alternate with your free weights to add diversity. Mix it up. Good luck

Comment

Lots of sex. Heart rate is high. Calories are burned and muscle is not lost.

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                Lots of sex. Heart rate is high. Calories are burned and muscle is not lost.
                How many 2 minute workouts is his wife gonna let him squeeze in a day?

I really like my kettle bells. Tons of YouTube content and Onnit.com has good workouts with kettle bells. I also have a rower that is in my office that is really good, it folds up quick and takes up minimal space

Comment

Take a hard look at your diet.. it all starts there .. the working out comes easy after the pounds start dropping

Comment

I had a very similar situation and set up, and only had time to workout at home. Jogging hurts me, especially on concrete, but I like to sprint (a relative term for a 46 yr old).

I've built up to a good mimimal set of workout equipment in my garage and if I could keep only one thing it would be the treadmill. I do interval sprints on that thing and 40 lbs melted off once I started doing that.

I basically incline it somewhat and run at a "sprint" for 60 seconds, then fast-walk for 90 seconds, repeat. My sprints are relative to how I feel that day. Most days I can do level 9 & 10. Some days not so much. The point is for the high entinsity sprint part to be really high intensity.

I typically do 15-20 minutes before every "body weight" type workout, which comes out to only 5 or 6 sprints. On off days I do 30 minutes with a day or two of rest per week. It has been easy to maintain doing that... as long as I don't eat too crazy.

Comment

I altered my diet 2 weeks ago and had started to walk/jog, but was wanting to get a little heavier into the working out. I did the workout Easttxhunterr posted yesterday and I'm good and sore today. Good news is that I hadn't weighed myself sense I first started eating better and I've already dropped 3 lbs. Probably just a bunch of water weight from laying off the carbs and sweating a lot more than I'm used to, but its a start! I'll be digging through this post and I'll let ya'll know what works best for me for anyone interested. Tonights workout will be tug of war against speckeled trout, red fish, and flounder if all goes well.... Probably just more of a cast and real workout but atleast i'll be fishin!

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                        21-15-9
                        squat thrust dumbbell or wall balls
                        kettlebell swings
                        med ball sit ups
                        42-30-18
                        double under or singles and multiply by three
                        ^^^
                        and burpees

Comment

P90x

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                            Care to elaborate on the numbers?

I don’t know how anyone does 100 pull-ups.
                            One at a time!

Comment

and or try the Keto Diet... its a low carb high protein, high fat diet.
                              It trains your body to use the fuels that it was designed to run on. So, once you are not running on carbs that are being transformed into sugar in your body, your body then re-learns ro run on fat... thus depleting the fat stores and adjusting your metobilism correctly.
                              There is a TON of great info on all the great benefits out there. When I first heard about it, I though..."yeah right, all that from your diet"... but I see it true!
                              It helps with loosing weight and promoting lean muscle growth, and many others... here are a couple links to help

A keto diet is a very low carb, high fat diet. Get started on keto with delicious recipes, amazing meal plans, health advice, and inspiring videos to help you succeed.

If you're starting the ketogenic diet, what are the best keto foods vs. ones to avoid? See the complete keto diet food list and suggestions.

Comment

P90x didn’t work for me. I watched the whole series and gain weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X