Guys trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys trips

Let me hear about some awesome guys trips y’all have done, or have considered doing. I’ve done Colorado fly fishing, Moab trail riding trips, Colorado UTV and 4 wheeler trail riding, Idaho “hunting”, Brazos River kayak and canoe trips, Frio River floating trips, ranch trips to BFE for a 4-5days LF shenanigans, Vegas SHOT Show for the week, and countless other weekend or long weekend trips within 5-6 hours of home.

I’m considering a 3-4 day trip over Labor Day, and don’t know where I want to go yet. The wife loves to travel with me, but she’s working that weekend so I get a pass. I’d like to keep it outdoor related if at all possible. I’m not against 10-12 hours of drive time to get somewhere, then spend two days there followed by another day of driving home. It may just be myself, but it may also be 3-4 or more buddies with me. I can usually manage to convince at least 2-3 other buds to tag along. Plus I just enjoy hearing good old fashioned campfire stories.

Last one I did was Guadalupe Peak. None of my friends who can travel hunt or fish so we either do something like that or meet in a random city. Last city we did was Ft Worth. After a late night of libations one guy fell asleep in the bathtub and flooded the entire room. Two days later he almost ripped the fender off his Dodge with a bad parking job. Good times all around.

Planning to hike a loop in Big Bend this year.

Comment

Been going to Richland Chambers for 24 years straight. No women allowed. Period

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
        Last one I did was Guadalupe Peak. None of my friends who can travel hunt or fish so we either do something like that or meet in a random city. Last city we did was Ft Worth. After a late night of libations one guy fell asleep in the bathtub and flooded the entire room. Two days later he almost ripped the fender off his Dodge with a bad parking job. Good times all around.

Planning to hike a loop in Big Bend this year.
        Guadalupe Peak hasn’t even crossed my mind, and I’m not sure why. Spending a few days in Big Bend hiking and camping, then crossing over to Bolquillas for an afternoon was on the possibility list though. Neither one of those sound too bad as long as it’s not 100+ all weekend. Thank you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
          Been going to Richland Chambers for 24 years straight. No women allowed. Period

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
          I wish I could get into bass fishing like that. I’m assuming that’s what you’re doing anyways. I’ve tried a few times, and I just can’t get on a lake and fish comfortably for extended periods. Put me on a river in the mountains with a fly rod in my hand, and I can entertain myself for days. I don’t mind tagging along on a bass fishing trip as long as I don’t run out of beer, but I won’t be doing much of anything other than killing time haha thanks for the input sir!

Comment

Big Bend or Beach house rental with bay/offshore charter.

Comment

Leaving tomorrow for a four day fishing trip for trout at wolf creek damm in Ky
              I’m smoking a brisket and a pork butt and taking some pinto beans.
              Going to be lots or bourbon ay night. We are going to Ky after all

Comment

Headed to Port A first weekend in August with some buddies for a long weekend. Going on an Off Shore trip Saturday! Gonna be a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafter S View Post
                  Leaving tomorrow for a four day fishing trip for trout at wolf creek damm in Ky
                  I’m smoking a brisket and a pork butt and taking some pinto beans.
                  Going to be lots or bourbon ay night. We are going to Ky after all
                  That sounds amazing! We better get some pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                    Big Bend or Beach house rental with bay/offshore charter.
                    I’ve never been offshore. I’m interested, but don’t know the first thing about it. I’ve passed on a few opportunities due to timing. Need to make it happen the next time it arrives, but I’m not comfortable setting the trip up. I don’t know enough to know what to do, or who to go with. I’ll make it happen soon enough though!

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                      Headed to Port A first weekend in August with some buddies for a long weekend. Going on an Off Shore trip Saturday! Gonna be a good time.
                      What do y’all fish for down there? I’m interested in the idea for sure!

Comment

Kayak / fishing trip down the Devils River.

Comment

Ten days in Elbow Cay, Abaco, Bahamas. We rented two houses, two boats, took all of our tackle and bait with us. Took a taxi from the airport to the dock where we loaded our gear in boat the boats and headed off with a map of the Bahamas to find our island. The famous red and white lighthouse was the view out of my bedroom window everyday. We fished everyday and ate what we caught every night. One local grocery store and a bar that served cold Kalik beer and plenty of fried conch filled most of our needs. It was a great trip.

Comment

Babymoon? . Just kidding...

Comment

A fishing trip that starts in Texas and heads towards Florida.

Comment

Working...
                              X