No announcement yet.

Yellow Watermelon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guess I will have to start growing my own yellow's,, because I do not care if I eat a bite of a red one or not,, most of the time I just pass on them

Comment

I look at the stem if it's attached to make sure it is dry. I also look at the spot where it sat to look for more white than yellow. The last thing is the "thump" test. I listen for what I call a deep thud.

Comment

Yep! Yep! Yep!
        The memories this thread brings back to me.
        It's sad that Watermelons with actual seeds are becoming a thing of the past.

Comment

Last yellow one I bought was in Luling, our local grocery would never carry them as people just don’t know any better than to buy a mealy red one

Lots of good memories eating yellow melon and also home made BIG ReD or peach ice cream with my grandpa out at lake LBJ
          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-05-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Yall do know that these melons are just like M&M's don't you... Don't matter the color, they still taste the same...

Comment

2920 and Cypress Rosehill area. Bought one Father’s Day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Yall do know that these melons are just like M&M's don't you... Don't matter the color, they still taste the same...
                I do not often disagree with you by this time were are on opposite sides!!! never ate a red one I thought was very good, never ate a yellow one that I didn't think was fantastic...

but you are right about the m&m.s ,, (except the green ones wife always said they made her happy! and of course that always made me happy!

Comment

Yellow is my favorite for sure !
                  Hard to come by in these parts these days.
                  I usually get 2-3 each year.
                  Much better than red or the orange so often mistaken for yellow.
                  IMHO !!

Comment

Saw some at heb at Jones and west road yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                      I do not often disagree with you by this time were are on opposite sides!!! never ate a red one I thought was very good, never ate a yellow one that I didn't think was fantastic...

but you are right about the m&m.s ,, (except the green ones wife always said they made her happy! and of course that always made me happy!
                      Yea, I gotta agree with ya on that one... just pullin' y'all's let anyhow...
                      But my M&M analogy don't even work now what with all those new "flavors" of M&M's that are out now... Those Jalapeno greens suckers are GoooooD!! And the coconut flavored ones aren't bad either...

Comment

Back in the day kids used to steal watermelons out of the field. Myself included. An old man I knew related a story of his watermelon swiping: One evening he and some friends grabbed one and when they cut it open, it was yellow. They had never seen one before and thought that the farmer had poisoned it. They threw it away, but found out later that they shouldn't have.

Comment

Originally posted by dac6933 View Post
                          I miss the black diamonds. Cant find one in DFW.
                          I have some growing in my garden. Thought I would try them out this year.
                          Then, in another spot, I have some Jubilees.
                          Just ain't none ready yet!!

Comment

Sowed my seeds a few weeks ago..

Plants are already getting big. I grew about a dozen seedless watermelon last year. This will be my first yellow
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              For local folks, they have yellow meat melons at corner of Hwy 42 and Harrison Road.

You're welcome!
                              Might be worth the trip ! Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
                                Sowed my seeds a few weeks ago..

Plants are already getting big. I grew about a dozen seedless watermelon last year. This will be my first yellow
                                That label says orange, are they the same ? Few posts back guy says there not. I’ve never seen any other then the normal ones. But now you guys have me looking for some yellow ones, as I don’t care for the red ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X