Hogs Galore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs Galore

First pic is 2 weeks ago---first catch in the new trap and this is what the jail population looked like before the jail break which left only 9 in the trap. Second picture is from this week--most pigs I've ever seen in one trap, so I'll set the trap tomorrow night and then hope I don't run out of ammo Thursday morning--

Nice job! What you going to do with all that yummy meat??

Comment

That a load of pork

Comment

Recently had 21 piglets in one of my trail cameras pics.

We’ve trapped 50 pigs in the last 4 months. I finally broke down and bought a live cam so I could set the trap and not have to drive an hour and check it every other day.

Good luck! Trapping is fun, the work after is not.

Comment

My cuz caught 29 three nights ago and the last 5 last night. Moved camera and trap today so what happens tonight. No way to control them t p w d waited too long.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
            Recently had 21 piglets in one of my trail cameras pics.

We’ve trapped 50 pigs in the last 4 months. I finally broke down and bought a live cam so I could set the trap and not have to drive an hour and check it every other day.

Good luck! Trapping is fun, the work after is not.
            Luckily, the landowner cruises past the trap each morning as he checks cows---and texts me when we have a catch. My other two spots are only 10 minutes from the house so they're not an issue---

And what am I gonna do with them? Have a buddy that will take a couple but all the rest of my "takers" have largely given up accepting them, so it may be the buzzard buffet.

Comment

Nobody in your area buys them ? My trap is set too, but I (hopefully) have a guy who will come and get them. Gotta catch them first though......

Comment

That's a whole bunch of NASTY right there...….
                Good job..

Comment

I have been out a few times shooting pigs in the trap. Wild scene for sure. We use a suppressed 22 because we are on camp grounds and the camp owner does not want to campers to hear shots. We too have run out of folks that want them. Buzzard food.
                  Good job...kill them all.

Comment

Good job. How did they escape the trap?

Comment

Dustoffer, the lady in Leesville is buying them again. She may even come and get that many of them if you can keep them penned up. Good job on the trap, I hate them bastages. Kill em all.

Too bad you cant rig it up with three flame throwers inside it.

Comment

wow what a load!

Comment

Originally posted by 10132297 View Post
                          Good job. How did they escape the trap?
                          When I originally laid out and built the trap, my layout was bad---and when I got all the 20' panels with 3x3 openings up, I had a 4' gap. Rather than pulling the posts and re-setting, I spliced in a piece of panel with 4''x6" openings in the gap, and they managed to squeeze out thru that small section.

Trap has been re-laid and is one 16' panel larger now--so it will hold more and at the same time, the running hog shoot will be more challenging.

Radar---I can keep them penned up but the only way out of the trap is the door and they would have to be able to back a trailer up against it and I'm not sure how they would do that.

Comment

wish I was much closer to you. I would take 10 or 12 off your hands

Comment

Too bad my dad is terrified of cleaning/butchering... I'd send him to get some and drive up. He likes eating and shooting but the stuff in between is all my work haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X