Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level of the Brazos in Waco?

Hello all,

Looking to see if someone that lives in Waco can tell me how the Brazos is looking currently? I have a half-Ironman there this coming Sunday 10/28 and am fearful they are going to cancel the swim.

All the info that I am able to pull up online isn't very helpful and would rather hear from someone who has firsthand knowledge.

Thanks in advance!!!

Good luck to you, sir!

Comment

Whitney is still in good shape. You can still see the ROOFs on the picnic shelters.

Comment

What part of the river? Downtown area?

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
          What part of the river? Downtown area?

Yes I believe it’s at Indian park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In for details as well, I've been waiting patiently for updates for the past few days! I don't have Facebook or anything but a buddy of mine showed me pictures that were posted last week and the surrounding path around the river/bridge was completely submerged with a butt-load of debris and trash in the water. He also noted that half of the bike course was flooded but i imagine that will be dried out rather quick.

Comment

Originally posted by b1gwes View Post
              In for details as well, I've been waiting patiently for updates for the past few days! I don't have Facebook or anything but a buddy of mine showed me pictures that were posted last week and the surrounding path around the river/bridge was completely submerged with a butt-load of debris and trash in the water. He also noted that half of the bike course was flooded but i imagine that will be dried out rather quick.
              Drove over the bridges this afternoon, it’s still pretty much like that. Water over the walking path on most of it, and a good bit of debris around bridge columns, and around the banks.

Comment

Brazos east of Waco

We drove over the Brazos East of Waco on Hwy 6/loop 340 going towards Mart on Saturday 10/20/2018. It was up to the Banks and moving pretty fast, lot of debris and pretty muddy. I definitely wouldn't try to swim in it.
                Last edited by Tx-Burt; 10-22-2018, 05:22 PM.

Comment

They just had it on news and they said they were going to keep an eye on it and decide later if they will have the swim or not. If I were betting I would say they will be dropping the swim.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                    They just had it on news and they said they were going to keep an eye on it and decide later if they will have the swim or not. If I were betting I would say they will be dropping the swim.

I hate racing just a bike and run but the swim isn’t worth dying for.

Thanks everyone for the replies, as the week goes on hopefully it will become clearer which way the WTC folks will lean.

Comment

Originally posted by b1gwes View Post

You racing Sunday? First race or seasoned?

I’ll be driving in Saturday morning, hoping to make bike check in and look at the expo around noonish.

Comment

First timer over here! Very excited and a bit nervous as well haha!! Are you a seasoned vet?! I’ll be driving in Saturday around the same timeframe. Hopefully we’ll hear something sooner than later. Looking at the bib numbers there’s quite a few people from around country attending, seems as though they should have already said something? Hoping for no cancelations though as I want to get the “full experience” 👌🏽

Originally posted by Luckyhunter View Post
                        You racing Sunday? First race or seasoned?

I’ll be driving in Saturday morning, hoping to make bike check in and look at the expo around noonish.

Comment

With Whitney letting water out i doubt it comes down much, There was a lot of current this morning when I came by.

Comment

Here is a link you can use to check gauges real time... It does not look like it's going to go down any time soon... Don't think/hope they would risk getting some one injured...

Best of luck to you on the race...

National Weather Service Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service (AHPS)
                            Attached Files

Comment

River is roaring. I wouldn't count on being able to swim it this weekend. Probably not even going to be beatable for a few weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X