Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
    Speak of the devil and he shall arrive

He is always here. Evil don't die that easy.

Comment

I agree, those are made by the same guy.

Comment

Beautiful bow.
        Thanks swamp.

Comment

My top limb.

The side of my riser.

Grip overlay.

Tips.

Look familiar?

Yeah that definitely looks a lot like the bows from yesterday

Comment

We have 4 of his bows at my house. I can take you to his shop when you get ready. Roland is a good friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Take Tod up on that. Within the next year, i plan on asking him to build me a longbow. I like his bows. Hot and fast.... like me in my prime

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                Be careful... getting your hands on a smooth shooting trad bow can potentially ruin the way you used to approach hunting season. Late September hits you and you realize you haven't pulled out the compound since... well... December.
                I'm planning on hunting bow season in the Sam, with a Recurve this year. It will the first time to leave my compound hanging on the wall. I think I'm gonna stick to trails alongside creeks, hunting out of my Summit Openshot.

Comment

Take Tod up on that. Within the next year, i plan on asking him to build me a longbow. I like his bows. Hot and fast.... like me in my prime
                  Hot and fast? [emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                    I'm planning on hunting bow season in the Sam, with a Recurve this year. It will the first time to leave my compound hanging on the wall. I think I'm gonna stick to trails alongside creeks, hunting out of my Summit Openshot.

I've got a spot or two i have to show you. Been talking about it for years but fits that criteria. If i can hurry up and land a job once school is done, I'll probably bite the bullet and get an open shot too

Comment

Am shooting both right now. Hoping to draw out in Okla on traditional only hunt. Will likely spend most of the season compound, but fully intend to hunt some with recurve.

Comment

Hot and fast? [emoji12]

I think that's code for premature......

You know.

I'd like to get on the trad train. I just need to work more.

At the trad shooting and tuning, not actual work. I do plenty of that already.

Wife and I went to Cabelas today. Don't waste your money in there deli, except for maybe the fudge.
                        Lots of neat gear.
                        Then we went to Kemah to the boardwalk. Never been there, kinda neat. Doing a little work here at home. Want to add some lights to my truck and some more to my boat.

Or I may just lie on the couch....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

We have 4 of his bows at my house. I can take you to his shop when you get ready. Roland is a good friend.

Wow, small world. I have never even heard of this man until today. All I know is he makes a seriously great bow and I hope he's not too retired to make me one. When my wife is ready to let me officially pull the trigger I'll definitely be bugging you about it [emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by Werewolf View Post
                            Wow, small world. I have never even heard of this man until today. All I know is he makes a seriously great bow and I hope he's not too retired to make me one. When my wife is ready to let me officially pull the trigger I'll definitely be bugging you about it [emoji3]
                            Just to be clear, he is retired from AT&T not bow making.
                            He still builds bows. He is very, very good.

He has helped me tremendously in my bow making over the years, but my bows aren't near the level his are!

Comment

One more little fact about Roland. He was one of the founders of TBOT.

That's him on the right.

Comment

I figured I was only getting the cliff notes version on him yesterday regarding bows. My brother in law let me shoot his and man...I'm still dreaming about it. As soon as I began to draw I think I was hooked. Big difference between that bow and dads Bear recurve. Just felt smooth all the way

Comment

Working...
                                X