No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am soooooo freaking $*@@#% off right now. I was an exempt hunter (have been every year exemption has been in place). I left the orientation and went right to my spot I planned to hunt this year. I set it up in a bout an hour. Maybe more time passed. I wasn't in a hurry. I had two guys (father and son) walk in on me about 30 min into the work and they were nice. He asked (the dad) how I got here so early because they were the first NON-exempt hunter to make it out of the office that morning and got on scene as fast as possible. He was a bit upset that he had been beat on scene, and I explained that I have hunted this area many years. I assisted them with information on nearby areas that would work well with them. I am not worried about people being close as long as we all are respectful/responsible. Well, they set up 99 yards away on the other side of the clearing. Not a big deal honestly. The thing that is bumping me from my spot now though is that I did not turn in my coordinates until I finished my setup!!! My mistake evidently. The lake contacted me with information that I was 38 yards from a hunter whom had sent his coordinates in first. Brad informed me I could move, or stay as he had not physically set up his spot or turned in alternate cords. Brad and I discussed and I told him I would take the chance and stay as I really didn't think the other hunter would take advantage. Well after his e-mail this morning the other hunter has sent in an email saying I was on his spot! I obviously had my **** up first, and was legitimately on scene first, but did not send in cords first. I have to move! I have been complexly respectful with Brad and will abide by the rules. I am out of town this weekend and am not going to be able to tear down my setup until after the start. I hope my stuff is not jacked with. I disagree that coordinates come first. Maybe I am wrong. Oh well. Rant over. Good luck this weekend.

Comment

D@mn Chris. Sorry to hear that. I hope you are able to find a good spot and have much success.

I agree you shouldnt be able to email unless you have something in place at your prospective spot, How long after you set up that Saturday did you email your coordinates?

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
        D@mn Chris. Sorry to hear that. I hope you are able to find a good spot and have much success.

I agree you shouldnt be able to email unless you have something in place at your prospective spot, How long after you set up that Saturday did you email your coordinates?
        I sent the cords as I was wrapping up my setup. I had the feeder up and corn in it, and my stand in place with shooting lanes. I should have sent location in before doing a single thing.

Comment

I was really surprised at the number of tags too

Anyone want to start a pool guess the number of each set of tags that get filled?

Im saying 18 bucks 58 does.
          And all in Oct and all young first year bucks with 2" spikes and the 58 does sounds right...the rest of the buck tags Nov-Dec again on young spikes maybe 3-6 legal bucks out of the 50 and of those 1-2 mature bucks will fall.

I dont see all 100 doe tags getting filled

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
            I sent the cords as I was wrapping up my setup. I had the feeder up and corn in it, and my stand in place with shooting lanes. I should have sent location in before doing a single thing.
            Sorry to hear this happened even after you helped them find spots. You should have stopped at empty feeder and sent in the info.

Thats what I did since that is what they go by is your feeder. Once I had the green light I went back in with corn and stand. There was no way I was filling my feeder @300lbs of corn knowing I could have to dump it and move.

The spot I had scouted was hunted b4 so I knew a good chance it was an exempt person coming back. I got there as fast as I could only to find a guy just getting there too. Talked well quick it was his first year.... I said good luck and walked to my next pre-scouted choice.

This late in the game they should give you some ideas of areas that would work they have done that in the past to help someone looking for a spot as to not have them scouting all over other sets when they couldnt hunt there any way.

Good luck

Comment

I put up my feeder only. and only 1 bag of corn, until I get approved.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
                This view looks familiar.....I think thats the same spot I hunted a few years ago.
                Out in 9C...if it's the same spot hope the reason for moving wasn't because of lack of deer

Comment

People send in coordinates during the meeting....

Comment

Well we are now well under the 72 hour mark boys and girls. How is everyone feeling?

Personally this has been one of the longest work weeks in my life so far.

Im beyond ready for a little bow hunting therapy
                    Busiest week I had at work since June.

Ready to relax and throw an arrow/

Comment

I am soooooo freaking $*@@#% off right now. I was an exempt hunter (have been every year exemption has been in place). I left the orientation and went right to my spot I planned to hunt this year. I set it up in a bout an hour. Maybe more time passed. I wasn't in a hurry. I had two guys (father and son) walk in on me about 30 min into the work and they were nice. He asked (the dad) how I got here so early because they were the first NON-exempt hunter to make it out of the office that morning and got on scene as fast as possible. He was a bit upset that he had been beat on scene, and I explained that I have hunted this area many years. I assisted them with information on nearby areas that would work well with them. I am not worried about people being close as long as we all are respectful/responsible. Well, they set up 99 yards away on the other side of the clearing. Not a big deal honestly. The thing that is bumping me from my spot now though is that I did not turn in my coordinates until I finished my setup!!! My mistake evidently. The lake contacted me with information that I was 38 yards from a hunter whom had sent his coordinates in first. Brad informed me I could move, or stay as he had not physically set up his spot or turned in alternate cords. Brad and I discussed and I told him I would take the chance and stay as I really didn't think the other hunter would take advantage. Well after his e-mail this morning the other hunter has sent in an email saying I was on his spot! I obviously had my **** up first, and was legitimately on scene first, but did not send in cords first. I have to move! I have been complexly respectful with Brad and will abide by the rules. I am out of town this weekend and am not going to be able to tear down my setup until after the start. I hope my stuff is not jacked with. I disagree that coordinates come first. Maybe I am wrong. Oh well. Rant over. Good luck this weekend.
                      This happened to me last year but I sent my coordinates as I was done.

Two weeks later I was told to move as another hunter set up 50 yards to the west of me.

I learned to tag your area with orange tape as I did this year with my dad as I put up about 5 or 6 orange surveying tape about 30 yards in every direction.

Live and learn

Comment

Happy bow season eve all!! Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Cant wait to see how many does hit the ground this weekend.

Comment

I sure hope I can get a doe down in the morning!
                          Attached Files

Comment

I didn't get drawn this year, but good look to everyone out there!

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                              I sure hope I can get a doe down in the morning!
                              I hope you do, that is a nice buck

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
                                I hope you do, that is a nice buck
                                x2.

Comment

Working...
                                X