Too many toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many toys

I have been in Australia all week and it is winter over here.
    It has me all worked up about this Deer season.
    Laying here I started trying to decide what to hunt with.
    I have a Ruger #1 45/70 I bought from another TBH fellow and worked up a load with some 300 grain bullets designed for a 450 so com that I’m running 2650 fps. They should hammer a deer BUT then again I really love my Shiloh Sharps and of course my .69 caliber October county rifle.
    I just worked up a load for my 6.5 Grendel that I bought from Wilson combat and mounted a Thermal scope on but then again I have never killed a deer with my .300 SBR. Then again I bought a new Mathews back in the spring that soots a arrow faster than I can see it...... but I do so love to watch those big 5-1/2” feathers disappear through a deer from one of my recurves or longbows.

What ever is a man to do

That's why there's more than 1 tag on your license.

Comment

What ever ya decide, have fun do-n it Buff! Stay safe down there.

Comment

[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I hear ya, way too many toys here as well. It's a real first world problem.

Comment

Buff's issues always make my issues seem so petty.
            Prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              Buff's issues always make my issues seem so petty.
              Prayers.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

first world problems....

Comment

Show off

Comment

When I was young I was a hard core trad guy.
                    Then I grew up and between kids and work I didn’t have a lot of time and I killed a lot of deer with a rifle.
                    About 20 years ago things kinda lined out for me and I went back to a hard core Trad guy. About 90% recurves and 10% muzzle loaders.

The last couple of seasons, well I just can’t decide.. I have all these cool toys but at my age I am quickly running out of deer seasons that I will be able to hobble around and climb trees.

I often plan that this coming weekend I am going to go hunt hogs at night. Then it gets dark and I decide I would rather go to sleep

I know on a scale of 1 to 10 it is really no problem. Just the ramblings of an old man

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Show off
                      No .... This is showing off
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	9262D5BE-9BD5-4D2A-9CFA-56F924835CA1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	24548096

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                        I often plan that this coming weekend I am going to go hunt hogs at night. Then it gets dark and I decide I would rather go to sleep
                        Ha! My feelings exactly. There was a time that pulling an all-nighter in the stand to get a shot at a pig seemed like great fun. Now, nocturnal pigs live a long life where I hunt. Darkness now usually finds me prone and staring at the back of my eyelids.

Comment

If it will help you stop worrying, I can come get all your non traditional weapons and keep them safe for you That way you won't have to decide what to use. Just trying to help a fellow outdoorsman out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            That's why there's more than 1 tag on your license.
                            And why you hunt multiple states you get even more tags...

Comment

Get off the computer and go shoot a kangaroo!

Comment

Working...
                              X