Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerhard View Post
    Stunning pair,

We dont see many drathaar’s around my area.

I really enjoy training my young one and learn a lot along the way...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love them. These two are momma/offspring. We recently added another monster to the mix. That dog’ll hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How many members are hunting birds with dogs?

Last year November a new adventure started for me with my GSP called Ryker

He has grown a lot in 8 months, we are starting to work wild birds now with a lot of work and adventures together.

We will be starting to compete in field trails next year to enable both of us to learn as we go and be in place to guide international clients for upland and waterfowl hunts.

Would love to see and hear what members on the green screen does with regards to
      training their gun dogs in the off season.

You chasing francolin with that shorthair?

Comment

On point... covey of red-wing francolin

Comment

Our Drake is out at Brian Johnson's right now getting the basic duck dog training. These pics were of him at about 5 mos old. Can't wait to get him back and hunt with him this year. Been too long since we had a lab! Man the personalities are great!
          Sorry for the quality of the pics...I need to get more once he gets back home.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tadmaryperry View Post
            Our Drake is out at Brian Johnson's right now getting the basic duck dog training. These pics were of him at about 5 mos old. Can't wait to get him back and hunt with him this year. Been too long since we had a lab! Man the personalities are great!

Sorry for the quality of the pics...I need to get more once he gets back home.

Great looking dog!

Comment

The dog in my avatar is Bentley. He will be a year old in August. First GSP I have ever had and I absolutely love this dog. I have a large back yard and he chases birds from sun up to sun down. Momma has made him quite the pet so I don't know how great a hunting dog he will be. We'll find out in a couple of months. I did get to take him out a couple of times late last season but never got on any birds but he worked his tail off (pun intended) trying to find them.

Comment

I will mostly hunt upland birds with Ryker.

Guinea Fowl, Spur Fowl and Francolin Species.
                Are, you are in Africa? That would make a lot more sense. Had to google a few of these.

Are GSPs popular there?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                  Are, you are in Africa? That would make a lot more sense. Had to google a few of these.

Are GSPs popular there?

Yes,

I am in South Africa,

GSP’s with English Pointers are very popular in South Africa.

Comment

Ol' Rex has been getting it done for the last 8 years.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Great looking dog!

Comment

Here's my 8 month old Brit Charlie "Morton". I've trained labs but he's my first attempt at an upland dog. Obedience and whoa training is going great but I haven't gotten him on many birds yet.

Comment

Man, this is a great thread and it is reminding me that I need to get my boy "Shiner" (Silver labrador) in better shape, and ready for the waterfowl season. This will be his 3rd season and I did all of the training myself. He's not the greatest bird dog, but we have fun out in the field/water.

Comment

Y'all are killing me. I want another one so bad I can't stand it.

Comment

Comment

right now he is my blood tracker but come duck season he will be in awesome duck dog

Comment

Working...
                                X