2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    What the what bro. Lemme know when you guys are gonna do another day trip. I’ll tag along

No problem I’ll let you Know. I plan on hitting it on about 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
      Yes sir! It was tough fishing bites were far and few between. m

Few more

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
        Did anyone else have to grind it out today? I fished from 9am till 4pm in West matagorda. Didn’t pull a fish out of the water. Gamewardens pulled in behind me at the ramp in palacios. Said that the only people they checked who had fish, had gone offshore and caught some snapper.

I’ll be back at it again in the morning. It’s still blowing pretty good here, doubt I’ll make the run to south shore line again. If the wind doesn’t lay tonight I’ll be fishing around carancahua
        Some pics from today.

With the windy conditions, was the water dirty most places you fished?

Also, what direction was the wind from, and how strong were the sustained winds?

Comment

Did anyone else have to grind it out today? I fished from 9am till 4pm in West matagorda. Didn’t pull a fish out of the water. Gamewardens pulled in behind me at the ramp in palacios. Said that the only people they checked who had fish, had gone offshore and caught some snapper.

I’ll be back at it again in the morning. It’s still blowing pretty good here, doubt I’ll make the run to south shore line again. If the wind doesn’t lay tonight I’ll be fishing around carancahua
          Some pics from today.

It was a grind for me on Friday in east matty. Reds were no problem, but the trout were tough. Finally caught a couple yellamouths just after dark

Comment

Some pics from today.

I know that exact spot, pipeline cut is what we call it. Surprised you didn't do well, I fished just west of there Wednesday and the reds were on top of each other... easy limits... trout was another story. Only picked up one..

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
              With the windy conditions, was the water dirty most places you fished?

Also, what direction was the wind from, and how strong were the sustained winds?

The wind picked up out of the south/south west at about 10-15 with gusts to about 20.

Up shallow <1-2 you could see bottom, over that it was green but the wind had it churned up

I tried trolling and doing some sight casting just before cotton, but didn’t see anything but bait. There was an absolute crapton of bait. Just no redfish.

Went out today and caught two reds in carancahua, put one in the box at a whopping 20 1/8”. Gonna eat good on the grill one night this week.
              Last edited by marshhunter; 04-29-2018, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                I know that exact spot, pipeline cut is what we call it. Surprised you didn't do well, I fished just west of there Wednesday and the reds were on top of each other... easy limits... trout was another story. Only picked up one..

That’s what we call it as well. I was going to attempt to run a bit further in, but the tide was a bit too low. There was a ton of mullet and bait fish in there.

Comment

Some pics from today

Got the boat washed and put under the house. Ready for next time. Hopefully in 2 weeks I’ll be back. Might try to venture to POC.
                  I bet it was an absolute mad house there this weekend with the gorgeous weather and the crawfish fest. Heck on Saturday the ramp in palacios looked about like froggies, so I can only imagine.

Also I wet waded the entire weekend and the water felt dang good. Definitely glad I didn’t bring the waders.

Comment

Some pics from today

Got the boat washed and put under the house. Ready for next time. Hopefully in 2 weeks I’ll be back. Might try to venture to POC.
                    I bet it was an absolute mad house there this weekend with the gorgeous weather and the crawfish fest. Heck on Saturday the ramp in palacios looked about like froggies, so I can only imagine.

Also I wet waded the entire weekend and the water felt dang good. Definitely glad I didn’t bring the waders.

You guys see any sharks? Group that waded close go there Wednesday got robbed 2 or 3 times by the men in gray suites...

Comment

Some pics from today

What time should I be there?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Any reports from the landcut or Baffin. I'm headed down in two days

Comment

I posted a landcut report. Its on page 2 now.

Comment

My nephew with his personal best shark this past weekend.

7’4” bull shark

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
                              Any reports from the landcut or Baffin. I'm headed down in two days
                              I counted 72 boats in the cut Saturday. Fish the south end. This fish did not come out of the cut.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Comment

Kayaked West Galveston Bay on Saturday with DC1211. Caught this guy with a Gulp shrimp under a popping cork right after sun up, 19"
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X