2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
    I have been using Cajun Thunder popping corks for the last several years with success with DOA and Gulp under them. Anyone using them or trying anything else?
    Look up Coastal Corks. They are set up so that they make a louder click. I do better with this style of cork than any other setup that I have tried. They are also very durable and while not cheap I get alot of use out of them before they get retired. Hang a Gulp on a light jighead or a live shrimp under them and go to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
      It was windy yesterday but we scratched out a box of fish drifting deep shell. I caught a nice trout, she went 28" but I didn't weight her. Nice thick fish.

Congrats Glenn! Nice trout!

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
        I have been using Cajun Thunder popping corks for the last several years with success with DOA and Gulp under them. Anyone using them or trying anything else?
        I love the Cajun thunder poppin corks. All I will buy. I have a “green” one that I’ve been using for about 8-10 years now. It has no green paint left on it but it still floats. Throw live shrimp under them mostly.

Comment

Couldn't roll Sunday - which was the better day of the weekend for PINS but went ahead and rolled PINS on Saturday. High winds, rough surf - decent water clarity. Down chasing Florida Pompano, didn't get a single Pomp but scored a bunch of Bull Whiting - releasing a bunch in the process.

With a super strong North wind, wasn't able to reach my little zone along the 3rd sandbar and I wasn't about to wade out far enough to make casts land in the zone.

Renewed my Seasonal pass - went up to 80 bucks now.

Friday night and early AM Saturday front brought rain and lightning. Dunes were ablaze from lightning strikes.

Darn things eat so well! Had a nice pile for a few rounds of Fish Tacos!

Oh man this is awesome eats! Lay down some fresh spicy hot Guacamole onto a homemade flour/corn tortilla, some slightly steamed asparagus (steamed to soften but firm with snap), fresh Pico de Gallo and red Salsa -with a shot of tartar sauce. Whiting was dipped in egg/cream batter and coated in Panko and Zatarain's seasoned fish fry. Fried in hot peanut oil.

That's my twist on the FISH TACO!

Last edited by AtTheWall; 04-16-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

On the side......busted out some Red Hind Grouper filets from the recent offshore Wahoo trip in Feb.

DESSERT - Zatarain's Cocktail sauce and a filet - SON!
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice trout Glenn.
              Mansfield was a bust for us. Windy muddy, then windier and muddier, then 30 mph North wind... Going back in 3 weeks to try it again.

Comment

I heading to the landcut in two weeks. Has anybody been there laletly. And how was it.

Comment

Saturday was a blowout, we rescheduled for another day ahead of time and I got to sleep in. Sunday was really windy but we caught fish. I didn't have a fish in the box at 10am but found some fish in 3' of water over shell and we got all our trout in an hour or so. Nothing huge, they were all just good eaters from 16-18". I spent another hour and a half looking for redfish before calling it a day and heading in. I didn't expect much but it turned out ok. We caught them on live shrimp under popping corks. We had a mix of a few jumbo sized shrimp and a bunch of eyeballs and whiskers. They wanted the small shrimp. It's funny how they can get so size selective at times.

Comment

Rockport has been rough too winds are howling. Went out in Kayak anyway Copano bay South side. It was rough but got smaller trout 15 to 18 with popping cork and shrimp. Sand trout at the old bridge were good but the wind won't work, tried to tie off to the bridge but to rough. Some good trout caught near breaks "concrete" south west side Copano but needed a drift sock and anchor to stay on them.

Comment

Offshore Amberjack trip set for the opener in May. Red Snapper opener good on 1 June. Gonna be a ton of offshore trips this season!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                        Offshore Amberjack trip set for the opener in May. Red Snapper opener good on 1 June. Gonna be a ton of offshore trips this season!

SON!!
                        Know anybody that can build me a surf rod garca style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hoping the wind lays this weekend. Plan on fishing Friday and Saturday morning.
                          Near Port Lavaca.

And if it doesn't, I'm probably still going! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                            Near Port Lavaca.

Me and a buddy are going to rockport to wade fish Saturday and Sunday morning. My Grandpa and uncle have been wearing the reds and trout out. Hopefully the rain holds out.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                              Near Port Lavaca.

Bring your rain suit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fished Bob Hall pier this evening. Caught 15+ Bonnet head sharks between 15-20", 3 or 4 small black tips the largest being 24". Also caught one 40" Atlantic Sharp nose shark. My buddy caught two black tips. 38" and a 55". Also while we where there there was some larger black tips caught, a 5' 9" and a 5'5".

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X