Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you Colt AR guys tell me why this gun is special??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you Colt AR guys tell me why this gun is special??

Besides the obvious factory camo / early s/n...what exactly makes this particular Colt a collectable??

I've been / am working on a good consignment package of assorted semi autos that fall into the 'assault' category & can tell you the market is really really soft...if you are looking for one, now is the time to get one.

Now, I know certain guns command premium...just not sure about this guy. Limited run / few survivors?? Any ideas??

Was in a pawn shop this week and they had probably a hundred handguns and 20 or so ARs in addition to a few rifles/shotguns. Never seen so many ARs in one shop before.

Comment

An older A2 with carry handle, not a flattop, fixed stock 20" barrel, would be my uneducated guess.

Comment

Pre-ban maybe?

Comment

Just saw the factory camo part. That is pretty rare in itself.

Comment

I don't think so...bluebook makes no mention of a factory camo & s/n doesn't seem to match any pre-bans.

I'll ask the buyer what the scoop is when he contacts me...just curious as I was expecting to get 1/2 of what it went for. It only had about a dozen watchers, which is really low so not too well known.

Comment

I would think an original Colt Z Cote with that low of a serial number would be worth a boat load. That would have been a good one to research prior to listing, probably could have got a lot more coin had it been advertised correctly.

Comment

The Z was updated pretty early on & both the seller & I are happy with the final price & it ran for two weeks...he paid a fraction for it some time ago. Again, I looked but found no history on the gun. Since the Z & early s/n were mentioned, I think we got close to current market. His Colt 6920 Law Enforcement Carbines only went for $900 & those were new in the blue box.

He's taking a hit on most all the others so no complaints...the buyer of his Arsenal http://www.gunbroker.com/item/657837326 backed out of the buy due to personal reasons and think I'm gonna buy this one myself. Man, the assault market is SOFT.

EDIT...I found it. Early GS serial numbers are pre-ban & the z cote is rare.
                Last edited by Artos; 07-13-2017, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

EDIT...I found it. Early GS serial numbers are pre-ban & the z cote is rare.
                  So I was right on both accounts. That thing was worth a fairly large amount of money. I'm thinking $3,500-5,000.

Comment

I don't trust blue book...it can make & loose you $$$$. I find values on sold items & never did find one. I do think it is worth more than it sold, but not gonna say it's worth what bb says. They are way low & high on many many models.

I think kae is correct & should have caught this on my initial research...having the model & mentioning the rarity may have helped, but this gun had a ton of views & surely those in the know saw / understood it. Regardless, my customer is really happy with the price as he paid a couple hundred for it a long time ago.

Ignorance is curable...stupid is forever.

Comment

Why do people that deal with AR's push the 'assault' narrative?

Sent from my LG-V496 using Tapatalk

Comment

How else would you want me to explain the type of guns I am consigning like AK's / AR's an the like?? I'm not looking to appease the anti's or those concerned about our freedom & walking some fine line to look rational out of fear.

I'm a life member of the NRA & you won't find another civilian patriot that will defend to keep legal assault rifles, but I'm not gonna go all politically correct & call them something lame like hi capacity semi auto legal combat rifles...assault rifles is exactly what they are and why I put the 'assault' over it in my opener. It's an accurate description & not gonna be swayed to use the term that rightly fits due to PC 'narrative'.
                        Last edited by Artos; 07-14-2017, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                          Why do people that deal with AR's push the 'assault' narrative?

Sent from my LG-V496 using Tapatalk

Because it sales, sells, or sails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How else would you want me to explain the type of guns I am consigning like AK's / AR's an the like?? I'm not looking to appease the anti's or those concerned about our freedom & walking some fine line to look rational out of fear.

I'm a life member of the NRA & you won't find another civilian patriot that will defend to keep legal assault rifles, but I'm not gonna go all politically correct & call them something lame like hi capacity semi auto legal combat rifles...assault rifles is exactly what they are and why I put the 'assault' over it in my opener. It's an accurate description & not gonna be swayed to use the term that rightly fits due to PC 'narrative'.
                            I am truly curious where the description came from. I am not questioning you in particular. I just call them what they are AR, AK, M4 or whatever. For example, I have never heard a gun guy refer to a BAR as an 'assault' rifle. However, we all know that is a large caliber fully automatic weapon of war. That rifle is always referred to as 'BAR'. I am guessing the 'Assault Rifle' moniker for anything black and scary came from someone that does not know better thinking that is what the 'AR' denotes. I was not taking a shot at you, if it came across that way I apologize.

Comment

Paul I can't agree with a lot of what you said here. What makes an AR, AK, etc an "assault" weapon in your opinion?

I think it's a made up liberal term to make them seem scarier than they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X