Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
    there is a satellite tab on the bottom left of the map/
    I didn't see it, but I'll go back and take a look. I was able to kinda estimate my place in Rusk Co. Think it's gonna be a no-go for me. Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      I didn't see it, but I'll go back and take a look. I was able to kinda estimate my place in Rusk Co. Think it's gonna be a no-go for me. Thanks !
      Found the tab, but ain't interested now. Zero deer where I live. One doe on 217 acres in Rusk Co. If the state wanted out of this program, then I believe it will be a resounding success !
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Drycreek3189; 07-05-2017, 08:49 PM.

Comment

What a crock. We now get 30 does and 30 buck tags. Under the harvest option we would get 6 buck tags and 17 doe tags.

Comment

We went from getting 4 doe tags under lamps to now 1 doe tag on over 500 acres. That was under the harvest option. Very few people will participate in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ya I was hoping for more, 1 doe tag for 200 acres (usually we get 2 lamp tags). In llano it's quoting us 70 doe tags and 15 buck tags. The ratio is nowhere near that off. Guess it's time to just contact our biologist.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I may consider it as I was on LAMPS and was given 2 doe tags on a little over 400 acres (I always knew it was low, but liked the extended season). The estimator determined 4 doe tags.

It is my understanding that when the estimator shows 0 unbranded and 0 branched, the hunter must use the tags on their license.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
              Last edited by M6A2REPR; 07-06-2017, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M6A2REPR View Post
                I may consider it as I was on LAMPS and was given 2 doe tags on a little over 400 acres (I always knew it was low, but liked the extended season). The estimator determined 4 doe tags.

It is my understanding that when the estimator shows 0 unbranded and 0 branched, the hunter must use the tags on their license.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                Under the MLD Programs you could not use your regular tags. there won't be many chose Harvest Option.

Comment

[QUOTE=BrandonA;12554514]Under the MLD Programs you could not use your regular tags. there won't be many chose Harvest Option.[/QUOTE

According to the info I was given by TPWD

Program participants may choose a harvest recommendation and MLDP tag
                  issuance for: PWD 1047 – W7000 (6/17)

only buck deer,
                  only antlerless deer, or
                  buck and antlerless deer.

Comment

Info attached.
                    Attached Files

Comment

For our two close, but not contiguous properties in Red River County, we received three doe tags in the past (2 for a 240 acre property, 1 for a 120 acre property). In addition, our hunters could use their license tags to tag allowable bucks.
                      Under this program, our hunters would be allowed one doe for the entire 360 acres.
                      This isn't the most 'target rich' area of the state, but who would pay to lease these properties if all they could do is shoot one doe among all the hunters?

Comment

Info attached.
                        Ok Thanks. Can you hunt the extended season with your Regular Tags?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          Ok Thanks. Can you hunt the extended season with your Regular Tags?
                          I dont know.

My guess would be that the extended season is only for the tags MLD tags.

Comment

I dont know.

My guess would be that the extended season is only for the tags MLD tags.
                            Thats my guess as well.

Comment

Our's says 5 does, 1 buck and 1 unbranched buck. I'll stick with what we currently use, which is our normal tags. We have to shoot way more than 5 does to help our neighbors keep the numbers down.

Comment

I'm going to see what it says about our property today. We have been on lamps the last 5 years and were getting 8 doe tags on 563 acres. It worked well for us since we only have 3 hunters. Hopefully it will stay around the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X