Fulldraw at BMF and MY BOW BLEW UP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fulldraw at BMF and MY BOW BLEW UP!!

I've been hunting the buck I call BMF since Thursday morning. I drew on him twice last night and didn't have a shot because he either changed direction or other deer were in the way. This morning he came close to my shooting lane but left because of a javelina eating my hand corn.

Tonight he came in straight in front of me with a doe eating between us. When he was walking towards me at 25yds, I drew my bow behind a closed window and when I leaned back over to the open window, he wasn't there. He had walked behind a bush to the right of the kill zone and reappeared in the road 10yds to the right. I could see him through the brush around the blind but I couldn't shoot. I held my draw and watched him for about 30 seconds when he started walking towards the spot I needed. He then turned around and walked to about 25yds away in the edge of some low brush. I was still holding my bow and waited to let down until he finally walked off about 45 seconds later. When I was half way letting down, MY BOW BLEW UP!!! The deer scattered and I sat there in shock.

It looks like the string came off the cams, it's not broken at all. I hate to admit that I haven't changed it since 2010. So, I'm out of the hunt until I can get it replaced and tuned.

What shop do yall recommend? Uvalde, Eagle Pass, Del Rio, Laredo........San Antonio if I have to.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man that sucks!

Comment

Glad you are OK! Have it checked out before you shoot it again.

Comment

Had mine do the same exact thing a few years ago….except in my kitchen. It's really easy to torque your grip just a tad when letting off. That's all it takes and that string will derail on you in the blink of an eye. I hope you get another shot at BMF.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Had mine do the same exact thing a few years ago….except in my kitchen. It's really easy to torque your grip just a tad when letting off. That's all it takes and that string will derail on you in the blink of an eye. I hope you get another shot at BMF.
          I think that's exactly what happened. I was pretty amped up after holding that long.

Comment

I'd bet this is exactly what happened.

Comment

That stinks.. good thing you didn't get hurt, alot of tension unwinding right there

Comment

Dang! That sucks.

Comment

Yep easy to torque on aslow let down...string gets out of alignment and rides right off of cam....that sux. Hope u find a shop soon

Comment

Exactly. Been there

Comment

Yes sir. Torqued it. Sorry for the bad luck.

Comment

Wait, what does BMF stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndadio View Post
                          Wait, what does BMF stand for?

sorry about the bad luck man

Comment

Thank God your OK. That's tough luck.

Comment

Torque saved Big Mo Fo!!!

Seen it happen.

Comment