No announcement yet.

DIY Bass Lake....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my favorite threads. Hopefully one day I will be able to convince my dad to expand one of our ponds and add some of the features this pond has. You have given me plenty ideas. Just curious what will be the max depth of this new pond once full?

Comment

Originally posted by crek1311 View Post
      One of my favorite threads. Hopefully one day I will be able to convince my dad to expand one of our ponds and add some of the features this pond has. You have given me plenty ideas. Just curious what will be the max depth of this new pond once full?
      Think max on this is 22 or 24'. Can't remember, but its close. Keep on pitching your dad. If you can get him to buy into the idea you'll find yourself driving down the street and asking every concrete crew, tree crew, etc if you can have their cast offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride_Klein View Post
        Think max on this is 22 or 24'. Can't remember, but its close. Keep on pitching your dad. If you can get him to buy into the idea you'll find yourself driving down the street and asking every concrete crew, tree crew, etc if you can have their cast offs.
        What part of the state are these in out of curiosity. I sent this link to my dad. He has a place near centerville that I would love if he did this on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
          What part of the state are these in out of curiosity. I sent this link to my dad. He has a place near centerville that I would love if he did this on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
          North East Texas generally speaking. Centerville is a darn food spot for big bass. Do it.

Comment

Fell down on uploading pics. These are from a few months ago and unfortunately I haven't been back to see the progress.

[ATTACH]910733[/ATTACH]
            Laydown near the middle of the lake

[ATTACH]910734[/ATTACH]
            Brush, culverts, humps

[ATTACH]910735[/ATTACH]
            Boat lane to the left, stumps and concrete to your right.

[ATTACH]910736[/ATTACH]
            Humps, concrete slab cantilever

[ATTACH]910737[/ATTACH]
            Getting closer to where the boat house will be. More brush, concrete, lots of pvc trees. You can see here how the trees are placed along a ledge that was dug out into a bigger hole. There's a couple feet difference here between where the PVC trees and the hole.

[ATTACH]910738[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]910739[/ATTACH]
            Laydowns on the dam, lots of rock piles in the deep. Big ridge with a steep drop off on the **** side of the ridge.

[ATTACH]910740[/ATTACH]
            On the dam looking down the boat lane/hole towards where the boat dock will be.

[ATTACH]910741[/ATTACH]
            Next ridge over looking from the dam down the lake.

[ATTACH]910742[/ATTACH]
            the real reason he's doing it. These kids have a blast. Can't wait to see them grow up enjoying the lake.

Comment

Bump

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

That thing is going to be a bass fishing Paradise. Great job.
                Fell down on uploading pics. These are from a few months ago and unfortunately I haven't been back to see the progress.

[ATTACH]910733[/ATTACH]
                Laydown near the middle of the lake

[ATTACH]910734[/ATTACH]
                Brush, culverts, humps

[ATTACH]910735[/ATTACH]
                Boat lane to the left, stumps and concrete to your right.

[ATTACH]910736[/ATTACH]
                Humps, concrete slab cantilever

[ATTACH]910737[/ATTACH]
                Getting closer to where the boat house will be. More brush, concrete, lots of pvc trees. You can see here how the trees are placed along a ledge that was dug out into a bigger hole. There's a couple feet difference here between where the PVC trees and the hole.

[ATTACH]910738[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]910739[/ATTACH]
                Laydowns on the dam, lots of rock piles in the deep. Big ridge with a steep drop off on the **** side of the ridge.

[ATTACH]910740[/ATTACH]
                On the dam looking down the boat lane/hole towards where the boat dock will be.

[ATTACH]910741[/ATTACH]
                Next ridge over looking from the dam down the lake.

[ATTACH]910742[/ATTACH]
                the real reason he's doing it. These kids have a blast. Can't wait to see them grow up enjoying the lake.
                Hoggslayer

Comment

Hey Klein, we need some more pond pics

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                    what he said

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      Originally posted by LennyWayne View Post
                      what he said
                      Right on it. Darn other projects has kept me from getting out that way in way too long.

Comment

wow

Comment

This is Bad Arse!!

Comment

Still haven't made it out there, but did get some cool pics of a project we're putting together as a surprise for our friend that owns the property. Had another buddy fly it and start putting together 3D maps, as well as topo, and digital surface models. We'll put a computer in the boat house with a touch screen monitor so you can do a tour of the lake before it was filled and figure out where you want to fish. In theory we should (emphasis on should) be able to enter these into a format for the fish finders so you can have a lake map while on the boat.

Color Digital Surface Model
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Color.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	24551907

Grey Scale Digital Surface Model

Name:	5576874491.jpg
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	24551908

The one I'm most excited about. This 3D Map. You can zoom in, or "fly" around like you're in the drone. Hope its a cool way to hang around the dock and plan our next move or relive the glory/pain of the past fishing

Name:	3d.jpg
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	24551909

Comment

Hats off to your friend for doing it right.
                              So many tanks are so barren and flat

BP

Comment

Awesome thread. I don’t know how I missed it.
                                Would love to have something like that on my place!

Comment

Working...
                                X