No announcement yet.

Well a general contractor got me .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sorry for your troubles, but why haven't you been more aggressive in trying to get your money back? I would have camped out at his house and let the folks at Reborn Granite know he is a deadbeat and a crook. If someone cheated me out of $5,000 I certainly would not just chalk it up to my bad decision!

Go get your money!

Comment

That house on Maeline is owned by Elisa Romero and Bonifacio Romero.

Comment

Wish you were closer up this way. I’d get ya taken care of. Between me, Dad, and Grandpa we been in the Remodeling/home building game well over 60+ years. We do all of the work with our own two hands. Definitely not going to get Rich this way but at least we keep food on the table and our customers always appreciate our work. Little advertising and work of mouth keep us going. For those of you saying not to give a contractor money up front, this isn’t true. I always require half or at least enough enough to cover materials up front. Trust works both ways. That way if I have a crook for a customer I’m not out a ton of money. That has never happened because just like I’m careful about who I work for customers also need to be very wary of who they hire to do the work. Ask for references. And if you just choose someone based on the lowest bid you’re setting yourself up for failure. Not saying the OP did this but ya just gotta do your research. This happens way too much. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just using my own experience , but i've found GC's and sub-C's that have names much like the one you posted, often take off most of December and January to return to their homeland...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Just using my own experience , but i've found GC's and sub-C's that have names much like the one you posted, often take off most of December and January to return to their homeland...

That has been true in the past. Not seeing much of that this year in fear of not getting back across the border.

Comment

Am I way off base here...

You have the granite and your kitchen demo work has been done and half put back together? Sounds like you're a good ways into the $5k - shouldn't be a total loss? Granite isn't super expensive, but they don't give it away either. That's gotta be a good chunk of what you're out.

Terrible situation anyhow. We put in a pool this past summer and I was worried I was facing the same issue in getting the guy to finish it out. He just stopped answering the phone. Turned out his wife went nuclear on him and beat him with a wine bottle and he was going through a terrible divorce, so good news there. I mean, in that he ended up finishing the work.

Anyways, hire somebody to finish the job. You may not be out as much as you think you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                Wish you were closer up this way. I’d get ya taken care of. Between me, Dad, and Grandpa we been in the Remodeling/home building game well over 60+ years. We do all of the work with our own two hands. Definitely not going to get Rich this way but at least we keep food on the table and our customers always appreciate our work. Little advertising and work of mouth keep us going. For those of you saying not to give a contractor money up front, this isn’t true. I always require half or at least enough enough to cover materials up front. Trust works both ways. That way if I have a crook for a customer I’m not out a ton of money. That has never happened because just like I’m careful about who I work for customers also need to be very wary of who they hire to do the work. Ask for references. And if you just choose someone based on the lowest bid you’re setting yourself up for failure. Not saying the OP did this but ya just gotta do your research. This happens way too much. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                I agree. I don't ask for half up front but I do ask for something to make the contract valid and to eliminate getting screwed. So far, my customers have been happy as have I been minus 2 customers. You can't fix crazy. And if you go with the lowest bid and he wasn't recommended, you are for sure going to have a miserable experience.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Is the granite fabricated already ? How many sf ?

Comment

Same thing happened to my mom. I told her to some how sweet talk him in to coming back...and I'll take care of it from there.

Comment

I’m sorry to hear this. I have no idea what my fathers schedule is like as i know he has been extremely busy from Harvey but he has been doing this for a living since he graduated college and owned Humble Paint and Decorating for most of my life. He may not be the cheapest you find but i promise you he will get it done right and shoot you strait. Give him a call, he is right up the road in Atascocita Shores. Two 8 1 five four 3 0154. His name is Steve

Comment

This thread (and the fact that I'm broke) is why I DIY anything and everything I can.

Between Youtube and Home Depot "classes" it's all good.

Comment

Thank you every one, yes I have the granite and it is pre fsbbed , is still Has to be cut to the right length. I have 3 pieces that are 8ft long and that should cover everything. I had a older gentleman come today and look and he was very disappointed with everything he saw . He pointed out alot of things that need to be redone to make it right. We haven't heard back from him he said give him a few days. I have decided if i can not get someone committed to helping us by this week end then I am going to start on it myself and maybe I'll just have to try and contract the sheet rock part and granite install and maybe the back splash . Thank you everyone for the advice and comments.

Also the older gentleman today said he wouldn't call it 50 percent done and said I definitely got screwed. Far as the granite goes when I met the guy to get it he only had 300 dollars from original money to help towards it. It was 700 total . But my wife did choose a more expensive one then we originally decided on. The granite if pre fab counter tip width already . I was very surprised that she got to choose 3 nice pieces at reborn granite in Houston for 700 bucks total . I would love to find the guy and take my money out of him but it just isn't worth it, this guy knows we're I live and my wife is home all the time by herself and we are wanting to adopt a kid so I do not want to put any of that in harm's way, God will take care of him and we are looking into the small claims court for putting a lien on something maybe that he owns, my wife found his address and info on the world wide web today. Thank you again everyone. We are still calling around and asking for some help and my dead line before I start on it myself is Friday night.

Comment

Any joints in the granite? What kind of sink top mount or under?

Comment

Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
                                Any joints in the granite? What kind of sink top mount or under?
                                I think there will be one joint , we purchased a new sink that is over the top .. Thank you buddy

Comment

Working...
                                X