No announcement yet.

How to keep mice out of travel trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bounce dryer sheets...buy a whole small box and put a sheet in every cabinet and drawer as well as any little nook and cranny you know they are getting in. I replace them about once a qtr. Works!

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
      My wife has told me about some device you plug in with a noise they do not like. Anyone heard of this? We keep out mouse bait but the only draw back is they die in the camper and then the hunt is on to find them.
      We have one of those in our camper. Might have worked well if the mice had not chewed it up and destroyed it.

Comment

I tried everything. I am very meticulous and very clean person. I don't leave crumbs or any foods out. I put foods up high in the cabinet where mouse or mice can't get to em and still have problems every spring.

I put out poison bait and did find few dead but then they didn't touch it next year. So I bought a mouse trap. That didn't work. None of em have been tripped.

I have personally killed 3-4 while I was in there at night. Maybe even more than that. Can't remember. It was fun chasing with the broom trying to play hockey with it until it is fazed and gives you enough time to snatch it and kill it. Lol

Then I remember about 5 gal bucket trick that I saw two years prior on here. Set it up and left back home. Came back. It looks like it went in right after I left cause its hair was falling off its skin and all.

5 gal bucket filled with water. Only about 6-7" of water in the bucket. I placed a broom leaning on the bucket with top end on the bucket lip and smeared peanut butter far down enough for them to keep trying to reach and fall in the bucket with no way out. Keeps on swimming until it drowns! Works marvelously!

That's the only thing that works!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
          I've heard of it and actually bought a couple. They didn't work worth a dern for me.
          You need to do 1 rat/mouse screamer in every room for them to be completely effective. Also need the mouse bait packs as well for when the sorry suckers get aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgOnIt View Post
            Spearmint concentrate on cotton balls spread around the trailer. Moth balls don't slow'em down a bit.
            x2

Comment

Plug all holes where they can get in. They can get in just about any hole you can see. Check that all siding is screwed down so there are no gaps to get in. Mouse poison around trailer, traps inside. At least you know where they are when they die. I've used the plug in sound emitters. Not sure whether they work or not. You can get them at Home Depot, 3 for like $15.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                I keep 3 boxes of D-Con mice poison in mine year round. Never had an issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                I do the same thing. Plus, I keep it clean. All foods are stored inside the refrigerator while I'm not there. Never had a mouse problem.

Comment

Mouse Snake.............
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ty729 View Post
                    dryer sheets and plug in air fresheners have worked for me over the last 2 months
                    This is what i use with moderate success.

Comment

good info. thanks guys

Comment

I use two 6 foot Rat/Mouse/Chicken Snakes that live in my trailer while I'm not there. They seem to be trained, when I show up they will be layed up inside and then slip away. I don't see them again as long as I am there. When I come back next time there they are. Never see any sign of rats and mice(or chickens).

Comment

Poison and plug any holes with the fine steel wool pads.

Comment

The only way to keep them out is to find where they are getting in and close that off. I battled them for the better part of a year trying everything, and everytime I went to the lease, my trailer looked like a sty with mouse crap everywhere. The little demons would nest in the linens and the whole trailer was NASTY!

I finally figured out how they were getting in and closed that off with steel wool/expanding foam mixture. As far as I know I have not had a single mouse in the trailer since then, and that was about 2 years ago.

Good luck with it!

Bisch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                              I use two 6 foot Rat/Mouse/Chicken Snakes that live in my trailer while I'm not there. They seem to be trained, when I show up they will be layed up inside and then slip away. I don't see them again as long as I am there. When I come back next time there they are. Never see any sign of rats and mice(or chickens).
                              x2.......

Comment

Couple of cats

Comment

Working...
                                X