Inheritance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inheritance

I have come to the realization that maybe my kids dont need to be left anything other than where I'm living at the time of my demise. Probably a couple vehicles as well.

Why not spend what I have worked for and made? Use the money to help my kids while I'm here and aid them in working towards a goal / dream.

I have no idea what my Mom and Dad will leave me money wise, but I really dont care either. I'd rather use that money that they think they may leave to create memories with them.

I hope to spend my last dollar the day I die.

Comment

I hope to leave mine a big spread of land that they may live on if they choose.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
        And write a hot check for the funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
          That's me, and I'm making my own funeral arrangements. Going out like a pimp. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
            And write a hot check for the funeral
            I told my fiance to throw me in a campfire and then spin my ashes out of the corn feeder at my favorite blind.

Comment

I've told my parents and my wife tells hers the same. Spend as much as you can and if you want to leave anything give it to the grandkids for education. I plan to do the same with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
                I hope to leave mine a big spread of land that they may live on if they choose.
                My Brothers (3 of us) and my Dad/Mom are talking about buying a lake house / property for all of us to share. We are very close and want a place to congregate together, and make sure that the Cousins are close and Aunts and Uncles all have a good relationship growing up.

Comment

Should you go in your sleep at an old age of natural causes, yes, I agree.

On the other hand, life insurance is a must in the case of sudden death.

Comment

I told my kids I owed them an education and what they did with that was up to them. That being said I do help them out when they are in a bind and I am putting aside money for my grandchildren's education. I have told them if there is anything left at the end they are welcome to it but I have worked for over 40 years and we are going to enjoy some of what we have accumulated.

Comment

Won't bother me a bit if my parents spend every dime before they pass. It's theirs, they earned it, they raised us they should enjoy their spoils.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        I have come to the realization that maybe my kids dont need to be left anything other than where I'm living at the time of my demise. Probably a couple vehicles as well.

Why not spend what I have worked for and made? Use the money to help my kids while I'm here and aid them in working towards a goal / dream.

I have no idea what my Mom and Dad will leave me money wise, but I really dont care either. I'd rather use that money that they think they may leave to create memories with them.
                        I agree with you but that is their choice to make, not yours.

Comment

I’d rather be able to leave my kids millions. Doubt it will happen but I think if I ever had that much I could live a pretty awesome life without wasting it all on myself

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            I’d rather be able to leave my kids millions. Doubt it will happen but I think if I ever had that much I could live a pretty awesome life without wasting it all on myself
                            Definitely don't want to waste it all. But I do plan on using as much as possible to live life to the fullest.

Comment

I told my folks to spend it all like crazy before they pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X